Good god, this is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this thread. Would trading a POD XT Live for a Roland Cube 30/Cube 30X be a wise idea? I've been noodling around with my XT Live for 3 months already and yet I still can't get a decent thrash/death metal tone. I was told to get the metalshop pack but then again, my amp isn't the best and I don't really have the money for a metalshop pack. I've tried a Roland Cube 30 two years ago and the r-fier model impressed me a lot. I don't know if it'll still impress me now cos 2 years has passed and my ears has gone anal about tone. I know it's nowhere close to the real thing but bedroom players don't have much choice. I'd love a Blackstar HT-5 actually, haha.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Personally?

No.
The pod is more? Just read the manual, or join the line 6 tone exchange.
I'm in it, you can link through my profile.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Metal Shop pack for the XT Live is only $50, if you have a job that shouldn't be a LOT of money...and christmas is coming up so if you still live with the rents you have stuff to ask for

That or you can just download a torrent of it....

I have a POD X3 Live, and I love it to death. I can get pretty much any sound out of it....I would only buy the metal pack if there was NO WAY I could get the sounds it has.
Last edited by titansmlb102 at Dec 10, 2009,
I wouldn't, but I don't no how your local used market is.

edit: "know"
Last edited by fly135 at Dec 10, 2009,
I was quite happy when I had my POD XT Live.

That is until I tried the X3 Live. Line 6 doesn't advertise just how much they improved the dynamics and tone of the amp models in the X3 series. There is a BIG difference.

That said, you definitely can get some good high gain sounds out of the XT Live. However the X3 sounds much more natural and less solid state/fizzy.

Back to your question, I wouldn't trade the POD for the Cube 30.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by titansmlb102
Metal Shop pack for the XT Live is only $50, if you have a job that shouldn't be a LOT of money...and christmas is coming up so if you still live with the rents you have stuff to ask for

That or you can just download a torrent of it....

I have a POD X3 Live, and I love it to death. I can get pretty much any sound out of it....I would only buy the metal pack if there was NO WAY I could get the sounds it has.

You can download a torrent of it? I thought Line 6 was very protective about their software and most out there are viruses.

Can any XT live users share patches? Actually I've tried joining the forum but then I can't install the software thingy to share patches.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Isn't the XT like 400 bucks and the cube like 150?
Isolation is a gift. All the others are a test of your endurance.
I've been wanting to know the same thing about the custome tone website. I'm actually looking in buying a POD XT, just the regular one. I was going to get the 2.0 but there are so many more tones on the website that are compatible only with the XT and X3 that the 2.0 seem kind of worthless. The XT is a way better value it seems for the price and all the tones on the website compared to the 2.0 and X3. Plus if I upgrade to the X3 when it finally comes down in price, all the XT tones come up as compatible with the X3. If I have any of this wrong, then please someone correct me. The fact that the 2.0 doesn't have an USB like the XT is the real killer. That's the only reason I'll spend the extra $100 for the XT versus the 2.0.
The Pod XT is running used in the $125 range. I bought one recently for $80 and saw another "like new in box" offered for $100. If you are in the US, then keep an eye on Craigslist. You can even google... pod line 6 craigslist.
Quote by Supermansdead81
I've been wanting to know the same thing about the custome tone website. I'm actually looking in buying a POD XT, just the regular one. I was going to get the 2.0 but there are so many more tones on the website that are compatible only with the XT and X3 that the 2.0 seem kind of worthless. The XT is a way better value it seems for the price and all the tones on the website compared to the 2.0 and X3. Plus if I upgrade to the X3 when it finally comes down in price, all the XT tones come up as compatible with the X3. If I have any of this wrong, then please someone correct me. The fact that the 2.0 doesn't have an USB like the XT is the real killer. That's the only reason I'll spend the extra $100 for the XT versus the 2.0.

Yes, your Pod XT tones are compatible in X3.

But you're totally screwing yourself by buying an XT. Don't listen to clips comparing the XT and the X3. PLAY them both. You'll "feel" a big difference in the X3.

Too many people have been buying the XT now that Line 6 dropped the price on it. Line 6 has done a HORRIBLE job explaining the difference between the XT and the X3. It's not just an 'upgrade'. It's completely different and sounds so much better. I've seen used X3 Lives going for $250 on ebay. I cannot recommend the XT when the X3 can be bought used for such a good price.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
I lucked out and got an X3 Live for $225. Used it for a year and sold it for $300. It's a nice unit. I never compared the X3 and XT side by side. I doubt that it's sonically much different than an XT with the extra packs. If you can get a good used deal on the XT I wouldn't worry that I was missing out on much not getting the X3.