Just a quick question.

I'm using this lesson and I'm just wondering how do I make chords?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/general_music/the_crusade_part_3_applying_them_intervals.html

I mean, this lesson tells you how to get the notes but not really explain where to put them no the fretboard to make a chord? Or does it and I'm not exactly seeing it?

So how would I know where to put them?
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. It doesn't make any sense. If you understand the concept of 'interval' when it's applied to guitar and the concept of 'chord' in musical theory, this shouldn't be complicated at all o.o
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Dec 10, 2009,
alright I only skimmed through this I didn't really read the article but, if they give you the chord to play it shouldn't be hard to figure out where to play it if you know which notes are which on the neck. Also it wouldn't be hard to find a lesson that's a little more simple that only deals with the major chord shapes. That would be a good place to be at if you don't know chords yet.
Actually guys never mind the question. I have another. What is the point? I mean, I know this may sound stupid but I don't see the point. Can anyone tell me why I need this?
Quote by frets192
Actually guys never mind the question. I have another. What is the point? I mean, I know this may sound stupid but I don't see the point. Can anyone tell me why I need this?

why you need what. chords????
You need it so you don't have to learn hundreds of chords and their various shapes and voicings by memorizing each of them individually.

Learning to build chords by knowing the intervals that make up a certain type of chord and knowing the notes of the fretboard is pretty much the only way to do it. The other way is to only play punk, where you only need to know powerchords
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Dec 10, 2009,