My plans to buy a friends Epiphone Valve Jr. Half Stack have fallen through, so now I've been looking at various other combo amps of a similar price range. I was looking at the Fender Frontman 65R (65w) 1x12 Combo, it's about two hundred dollars (GC price, I use Guitar Center prices as a reference, but usually don't buy from them), and it suspiciously has a five star rating and a bunch of two or three sentence reviews (which most sounded like they were written by 15 year olds with judicious use of Caps Lock). So I'm wondering, is this really a five star amp and worth the money?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
It is just about the most "not worth the money" amp you can get. What music do you play?
It's not a great amp...but I really don't care for the Valve Jr. either

what's your budget? style of music? will you buy used? if so, where do you live?
The Frontman is a decent amp if all you want are cleans and you plan on using an external dirt box for all of your distorted tones. The drive channel on the Frontman is absolutely horrid.

What styles do you play? (name some bands)
What's your budget?
Are you willing to go used?
What other gear do you have?
I tried a Fender Frontman when I was looking for a practice amp for home. I ended up buying the Traynor equivalent becuase it had two channels, reverb and enough gain to provide good distortion without an external pedal. Traynor has 30 & 60W versions in it;s DG series. Give them a try and you might be surprised at the sound for a solid state amp.
Moving on.....
The thing about it is, and I'm sorry that I didn't mention this previously, I generally only play clean or with a little Overdrive from the tubes. I know The Frontman is a Solid State, so to get that same tone I'd have to go with a drive pedal, but Basically my criteria are

1. Is it loud enough to be heard over unmike'd drums.
2. Does it have a good clean channel
3. Does it have a user-friendly interface (this comes from my first amp being a roland cube where every thing was nicely labeled)
Then one of these two:
4. Is it All-tube?
5. Is it Less than $200
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
The thing about it is, and I'm sorry that I didn't mention this previously, I generally only play clean or with a little Overdrive from the tubes. I know The Frontman is a Solid State, so to get that same tone I'd have to go with a drive pedal, but Basically my criteria are

1. Is it loud enough to be heard over unmike'd drums.
2. Does it have a good clean channel
3. Does it have a user-friendly interface (this comes from my first amp being a roland cube where every thing was nicely labeled)
Then one of these two:
4. Is it All-tube?
5. Is it Less than $200

You should look into a Crate V18...it fits the bill nicely. They've been discontinued, but they were selling for $199 new towards the end. I see them go used for $100-$125 all the time.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The Frontman is a decent amp if all you want are cleans and you plan on using an external dirt box for all of your distorted tones. The drive channel on the Frontman is absolutely horrid.

What styles do you play? (name some bands)
What's your budget?
Are you willing to go used?
What other gear do you have?

No, I disagree, the Frontman's clean are horrendous IMO. I had to play with one for a show... Ouch. The clean was so harsh it was nearly unbearable.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!