my guitar: ash body, 2 piece maple neck, bolt-on, vintage trem

not that current pickups are total shit, but they work together badly. Humbuckers are OK, SC is brittle. HBs I have are about 9-10k output, PAF style.

I want: different bluesable sounds.
I don't NEED anything hotter than Led Zeppelin tone, but I don't mind hot pickups if they aren't muddy.
I want the split HB and SC work together well in 2 and 4 positions. I want those sweet HIGHS in these positions. Some funk, some texas blues, some funky blues. Possible or not really?
I don't mind stacked SC, I am not a vintage tone guy. Just make it sound interesting.

Suggest please. Dimarzios would be the best, but at least just tell me something to look at.

In case you think my amp is shit - 15W Vox valvetronix, here it is. But I use different amps at rehearsals and there's little sense in upgrading the amp.
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Last edited by Regensgeliebte at Dec 10, 2009,
you should check saymour duncan's antiques pickups thery are really sweet
bump
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

pedals are stupid
You could check the Pearly Gates or the '59 models from Seymour Duncan or the Air Classic or PAF models from Dimarzio
Hola.
is FRED (bridge) + Red Velvet or FS-1 + Bluesbucker any good for coil tap + middle pickup positions

pedals are stupid
Air Zone (B) + True Velvet Middle (M) + Air Classic (N)
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.