I've been searching for my 1st electric guitar (been playing the classic) and I've come to this 2 options that I really think are the best for the budget I currently have:
A new Squier Telecaster custom-II with p-90s
A used Epiphone sg custom with 3 p-ups (pretty rare for an SG as far as I know)
Well, from what I've read the sg custom would be a higher quality instrument, however it's used... so I don't know which one to get... also haven't read much about the Telecaster, however they both can't be bad as they're both made from the low-cost branches of Fender and Gibson Respectively right?
Which one would you take?
Edit: I liek playing trippy stuff, Alternative you could say.... Lately been playing on my guitar tuned to C-G-D-G-C-D, love to have clean slow bits and then hitting overdrive..
Last edited by RHCAXD at Dec 10, 2009,
Thats actually a really hard choice, both guitars are excellent quality for their price, but they play completly different genras of music. I would take the tele if I was going to be playing more Classis Rock and Blues, but I would take the Epiphone if I was playing more Hard rock/Alternative to Metal.
Try them both out first, decide afterwards.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Thats actually a really hard choice, both guitars are excellent quality for their price, but they play completly different genras of music. I would take the tele if I was going to be playing more Classis Rock and Blues, but I would take the Epiphone if I was playing more Hard rock/Alternative to Metal.

+1, both can do any style but they are better suited to some
Quote by ethan_hanus

yeah i was about to ask you what music you play but thats about it
cheap epis are in my opinion superior to cheap squiers but in the middle segment theyre equal
Quote by Gakbez
Try them both out first, decide afterwards.

^This
Listen to my songs on my profile pretty please

Quote by SamhainGrim
I wish a had a vagina to go with my penis...:[