For those of you who have experience with Gibson's SG Standard, what are your thoughts on stringing it? Thanks!
d'addario jazz lite

reldit: well i like to play metal and heavier stuff. but they do work well for other styles.

PSN: reldask
Last edited by reldask at Dec 10, 2009,
Just string it with some strings, is that really so difficult?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Just string it with some strings, is that really so difficult?

I'll bet your recordings sound like they were miked with a string and a paper cup.
Quote by aworthey
I'll bet your recordings sound like they were miked with a string and a paper cup.

llmao what?
I really fail to see the issue here. It's a normal, very standard electric guitar. Restringing it is the same as restringing any other hardtail electric guitar. There's nothing to even remotely discuss. It's a guitar. It uses guitar strings. You put the guitar strings on the guitar. You play the guitar. Job done.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by aworthey

Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by MrFlibble
I really fail to see the issue here. It's a normal, very standard electric guitar. Restringing it is the same as restringing any other hardtail electric guitar. There's nothing to even remotely discuss. It's a guitar. It uses guitar strings. You put the guitar strings on the guitar. You play the guitar. Job done.

If there are no differences, why are there so many brands and varieties? I've tried many different strings over the past 15 years. And I've noticed that some feel better than to me than others--I've liked the timbre some produce better than others.

I posed this question as a poll, not to learn a new technique for winding the string around the tuner. There must be some discerning musicians on this forum that know the difference.
Quote by reldask
d'addario jazz lite

reldit: well i like to play metal and heavier stuff. but they do work well for other styles.

Thanks for your input! You totally get this poll.
Quote by phoenix_crush
llmao what?

Did you never attach two paper cups with string and talk into the cup?
Ok I'm really confused here! You said what are your thoughts on stringing a SG? Well it is a standard stoptail type of guitars which are the easiest type to re-string. I'm like the other dude in saying what the deal is here? I mean you didn't ask for string recommendations or anything and I fail to see the pole for voting or whatever you are talking about. Good Luck though!
Quote by aworthey
Did you never attach two paper cups with string and talk into the cup?

He's wondering (as are the rest of us...) why you said that, as it doesn't have anything to do with anything ever...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Which kind of strings you use is your personal preference.

There are tons of brands which all feel slightly different.

There are many gauges, heavy gauges are good for downtunings and stuff, light strings are easier to bend.

etc., etc.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
reldask was the first to respond--and reldask had the response for which I was looking.
So, after reading D'addario Jazz Lite strings, people continued to remain confused? And, rather than ask for clarification, they decided to just be a jackass?
Heck I honestly thought you might be ask either

A: How to re-string a stoptail type bridge?

OR

B: How to pick the type of guitar strings to use for the guitar?

OR

C: What string recommendations people have here?

I was trying to decide out of those three things, which you may be asking or if there was some mysterious hidden agenda not quite identified yet!