Machine Head and Slipknot offer the best from Drop B Also those pussies Breaking Benjamin but they suck ****
@dopemgs

Yeah, becuase Slipknot doesent suck...[/sarcasm]

It's all personal taste man.

@topic, He pretty much nailed it though, Machine Head has awesome Drop B songs, or really, just learn some drop D, drop C whatever songs and play them in drop B
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
old bring me the horizon has great, fun drop b songs. just make sure its their old stuff.

reldit: yes, definitely parkway drive. although i think some might be in drop c

PSN: reldask
Last edited by reldask at Dec 10, 2009,
Most Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen and Slipknot.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
@Gakbez
Slipknot are awesome If you don't like em...well it's up to your personal taste as you said
Anyway it might help you get the hang of Drop B by playing some older Machine Head. I recommend Davidian,Old and Spine to get the hang of the new strings because these songs have some quick swapping between some power chord variations which you might find useful. After that move on to something harder to build up strength because since you're in Drop B you must've moved up a gauge at least. From This Day,Crashing Around You and The Burning Red. TBR is an awesome ballad which will shred all your family and friends to pieces from tears . When you feel you've got the hang of all this Drop B crap go harder and rougher! Descend The Shades Of Night has an amazing solo to learn, Deafening Silence also has an amazing solo requiring quite the accuracy and sustain. When you feel completely ready,head onto The Blackening. Hardest songs. Easy riffs,difficult breakdowns, insane solos.

If you're going for some slipknot I'd say work it up your way,their songs are of equal difficulty,easy to remember,tough to play correctly
Yeah old Bring Me The Horizon is fun to play, but I like playing their newer stuff too...

A lot like Vegas is pretty fun, the lead ain't too hard either

Also some Slipknot songs are fun to play, but I don't know much songs in Drop B/Bands that use it. I'm using Drop C and D and standard alot more now.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Dopemgs
Also those pussies Breaking Benjamin but they suck ****

Quote by Dopemgs
@Gakbez
Slipknot are awesome If you don't like em...well it's up to your personal taste as you said

...Ironic...

Breaking Benjamin plays in Drop Bb...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Dec 10, 2009,
old Bring Me the Horizon, yes. I love their stuff off of TIWTEOYSWMF (way to long to type out) and most their stuff off of Count your blessings. they got two songs on their new album in Drop C. wonder if thats what their next album will be in.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Parkway drive. done.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Try some karnivool (themata is a awesome song to play)
although they tune BF#BGBE
Quote by Rapter-paul
dethklok are mainly in c standard If I am not to be mistaken!
try them

You aren't contributing anything to the thread by mentioning a ****y band that doesn't even play in Drop B.

And OP, Machine Head all the way.
I'll pry open your sphincter and brutally **** you raw.
Quote by DestructoX
Veil of Maya.

/thread

I agree with this man.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Smarglefarb
You aren't contributing anything to the thread by mentioning a ****y band that doesn't even play in Drop B.

And OP, Machine Head all the way.

You aren't contributing anything to the thread by needlessly attacking a completely valid suggestion of a pretty interesting band that plays one 3 second tuning adjustment away from drop b.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Machine Head's earlier songs are in drop C if I'm not mistaken. "Imperium" is a fun drop B one to play though
gotta agree with what other ppl have said.bring me the horizon, their songs arent that hard to learn and they are really fun to jam. slipknot is really fun too, theyre more about the rhythm and feel though. machine head is f-ing intense, but if youre looking for a challenge there u go man. sorry i cant contribute further, thats what i jam in drop b
Machine Head will do you wonders.

Start out with Now I Lay Thee Down, as it's probably there easiest song.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Nevermore.

well.. i think they're mainly in Bb
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
old school melodic death metal: arch enemy, at the gates, in flames, or carcass will do