Need help with lenguage, not sure which one it is :S Probably of Asian origians.

Quote by captaincrunk
I'm guessing china based on the color.

that's some detective skills right there
I say Japanese based on the logo on it
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I don't think it's Japanese

It's just a typical communist star: so prolly China, or Korea or Vietnam or something
Quote by Gakbez
I say Japanese based on the logo on it

Don't Chinese and Japanese share a lot of characters?
Going by the red star I would say it is Chinese. Although it could easily be Vietnamese or Korean.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by captaincrunk
Combining star with color = china probably.

Not really ...

Red is not just typical of china, the red star symbol can be found in any communist country.

EDIT: although the chances are great that it is Chinese but not by judging by the colour but simply by the fact that China is the largest communist country so odds are big it is Chinese.
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Dec 10, 2009,
it could just be a logo and not actually mean anything
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

Quote by sdmfmofo
it could just be a logo and not actually mean anything

It is a military insignia pin so it probably does mean something.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
Either way it was made in china.

More important than where it comes from is the description of the product, it says something like: "I don't know where it is because I just took it from his uniform"

WTF did that guy just killed/robbed some random asian soldier.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Dec 10, 2009,
Red is the color of luck and success in Asian cultures, especially in China.

But my guess here is Korean. Specifically, it would be something made in North Korea.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
It's Chinese. If my Chinese wasn't deplorable I might actually tell you what it means.
It's Chinese. It says 8/1 otherwise known as August 1st. It is a military insignia worn and shown by all arms of the People's Republic of China.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
It looks similar to the Chinese 'Cursive Script' for 'mountain'.

Mountain looks nothing like that
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by Harmonius
It's Chinese. It says 8/1 otherwise known as August 1st

Mountain looks nothing like that

^this guys sig makes me believe him.
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
You guys need a lesson:

Chinese characters are borrowed by the Japanese alphabet system. The Japanese call them "Kanji" in a mixture of their own system. In contrast to Chinese characters, Japanese is more simple to write and very spaced out such as this:

このライティング日本語です - Japanese

Korean is easy to tell because it looks nothing like Japanese or Chinese. It usually consists of neatly formed "patterns":

한국어 or 조선말 - Korean Writing

Chinese on the other hand can be written in two ways and I'll bet none of the UG knew. It can be written traditionally or simplified. Contrary to popular belief, China writes in simplified Chinese whereas Hong Kong writes in Traditional Chinese. Chinese characters are very complex in contrast to Korean and Japanese, especially the traditional system. The simplified system is exactly what it states - a simplified way of writing the traditional. Eg:

每個 人都有失戀的時候, 而每一次我失戀呢, 我就會去跑步, 因爲跑步可以將你身體裡面的水分蒸發掉而讓我不 那麼容易流淚。- Traditional Chinese written in Hong Kong

每个人都有失恋的时候,而每一次我失恋呢,我就会去跑步,因为跑步可以将你身体里面的水分蒸发掉而让我不那么容易流泪。- Simplified Chinese written in China

Thai and Vietnamese writing doesn't look anything like Chinese, Japanese or Korean. To me, Thai looks more distinctive of Hebrew:

อักษรไทย - Thai writing

Vietnamese borrows characters from the Roman alphabet system coupled with accents:

Người đó là anh nó - Vietnamese writing.

Hope this makes it easier for you guys to see the differences.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It says "Coffee Pot" amirite?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Harmonius
You guys need a lesson:

Chinese characters are borrowed by the Japanese alphabet system. The Japanese call them "Kanji" in a mixture of their own system. In contrast to Chinese characters, Japanese is more simple to write and very spaced out such as this:

このライティング日本語です - Japanese

Korean is easy to tell because it looks nothing like Japanese or Chinese. It usually consists of neatly formed "patterns":

한국어 or 조선말 - Korean Writing

Chinese on the other hand can be written in two ways and I'll bet none of the UG knew. It can be written traditionally or simplified. Contrary to popular belief, China writes in simplified Chinese whereas Hong Kong writes in Traditional Chinese. Chinese characters are very complex in contrast to Korean and Japanese, especially the traditional system. The simplified system is exactly what it states - a simplified way of writing the traditional. Eg:

每個 人都有失戀的時候, 而每一次我失戀呢, 我就會去跑步, 因爲跑步可以將你身體裡面的水分蒸發掉而讓我不 那麼容易流淚。- Traditional Chinese written in Hong Kong

每个人都有失恋的时候,而每一次我失恋呢,我就会去跑步,因为跑步可以将你身体里面的水分蒸发掉而让我不那么容易流泪。- Simplified Chinese written in China

Thai and Vietnamese writing doesn't look anything like Chinese, Japanese or Korean. To me, Thai looks more distinctive of Hebrew:

อักษรไทย - Thai writing

Vietnamese borrows characters from the Roman alphabet system coupled with accents:

Người đó là anh nó - Vietnamese writing.

Hope this makes it easier for you guys to see the differences.

All very well and good kind sir, but you could just tell us what it says seeing as how you apparantly understand all Asian languages :|
Quote by Ichikurosaki
All very well and good kind sir, but you could just tell us what it says seeing as how you apparantly understand all Asian languages :|

The Japanese says, "This is Japanese Writing" - taken off from a website. The Chinese says:

"Whenever I fall out of love, I go running. When I do, the body loses water so there are none left for tears"

I took the rest from the various websites

Also to the non-cultured aware people:

Chinese is an ethnicity. It is not a language. People in China speak Mandarin as do people from Taiwan (or "Taiwanese" for political correctness). People in Hong Kong speak Cantonese.

Taiwanese/Mandarin are pretty much the same - basic Mandarin
Cantonese is similar to Mandarin barring tonal differences
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

^^at the vietnamiese language thing. Does it say something with the words "ask" and "eat"?
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Thepredster
^^at the vietnamiese language thing. Does it say something with the words "ask" and "eat"?

I don't know - I'm not Vietnamese.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Thepredster

It says something like "He is the one who"

Quote by MadClownDisease
TS: from the looks of the thread title, English is the language you need help with.

He is not from an English-speaking country (Uruguay) so leave him alone.

If you tried to talk spanish I bet you would make some mistakes too.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by MadClownDisease
TS: from the looks of the thread title, English is the language you need help with.

You know he's from Uruguay and so his English may not be up to standard. What do you want - a medal for saying that? Try to be a little more considerate and stop making insults at people who don't need it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Dirge Humani
Also, Korean is the only one that has an alphabet, right?

They all have alphabets besides Chinese.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh...I thought Korean was unique as far as Asian languages go in that it had an alphabet.

It does but the Japanese have a particular phoenetic system which isn't an alphabet per say - more like a structured way to write things. Chinese doesn't have an alphabet at all but related (and similar sounding) words are connected when written

Eg*.

柏 - Clap or "Pak"
怕 - Scared or "Pa"
白 - White or "Baak"
月 - Month or "Yuet"
日期 - Date or "Yut Kay"

* Cantonese pronounciation
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
He is not from an English-speaking country (Uruguay) so leave him alone.

If you tried to talk spanish I bet you would make some mistakes too.

I now see this and wish him no ill feelings.

But come on, he walked right into that one!