Southern Core band somewhat local to me. I actually just started listening to them even though I've known about them for years.

http://www.myspace.com/ameliarock
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I REALLY hate the vocals. The instrumentals aren't too bad. I don't really see why people are still forming southern rock/core bands. I feel like the genre's completely played out. You've got ETID, He is Legend, Maylene and The Showdown who all do it really well and any other band just sounds like they're trying to be one of those and failing. I mean mixing in a bit of southern influence into an original concept can work (see Sirens and Sailors) but idk this just seems pointless to me.
Quote by saxaxe
I REALLY hate the vocals. The instrumentals aren't too bad. I don't really see why people are still forming southern rock/core bands. I feel like the genre's completely played out. You've got ETID, He is Legend, Maylene and The Showdown who all do it really well and any other band just sounds like they're trying to be one of those and failing. I mean mixing in a bit of southern influence into an original concept can work (see Sirens and Sailors) but idk this just seems pointless to me.

Hahaha I started the thread based on one song I had heard by them. Since I've been to their myspace and checked out the other songs, it turns out I don't actually like them at all. And yeah, I agree that the genre already has enough amazing bands and that trying to make your own southern core band will probably end in a spectacular failure.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
haha understandable. But yea, very few bands besides the ones I mentioned can really pull this style off. Especially up and coming bands/young bands. Check out Sirens and Sailors though. They're an up and coming band that REALLY pulls it off well.
Will do. I miss good Southern core... Fall River was one of my favourite bands until they turned into that weird crabcore thing who's name I have forgotten.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by saxaxe

The Holly Springs Disaster are pretty great I guess there southern metalcore.

Quote by nashawa
Will do. I miss good Southern core... Fall River was one of my favourite bands until they turned into that weird crabcore thing who's name I have forgotten.

Fall River is amazing but they broke up. They formed a new band?
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Last edited by NY_FootBall49 at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by NY_FootBall49

Fall River is amazing but they broke up. They formed a new band?

Something about "diamonds". I forget, but it's pretty bad regardless
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Southerncore has gotten really redundant, i liked twelve gauge valentine and an airbag saved my life alot though