I would like to know how many of you are having snow days? Today the roads were almost all iced over, it was about 15 degrees, and yet our districts superintendent STILL had us come to school. So on my way there, I make a right turn onto a road, going about 5 mph. Once I straighten out i slightly step on the gas and my 4x4 SUV completely loses traction and I get sideways. I attempt to straighten out but to no avail, I ended up in the ditch and had to drive through a shit ton of snow to get back on the road. So I would like to know why the hell we had school when conditions were so dangerous and if other people have experienced the same kinda thing or if its just me.

/rant
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
I live in Big Rapids and my younger siblings had snow days yesterday and today. Ferris State University cancelled classes after 5pm yesterday and several professors cancelled classes at their own discretion.

Edit: Even when roads are bad, a good driver can often handle things. School would not be cancelled if they didn't think that a bunch of high schoolers driving to school would be alright. The only times I've had problems like you is when driving too fast or rushing things. Driving in snow and on ice takes finesse.
Last edited by dudius at Dec 10, 2009,
The only time calgary, canada had a snowday in my lifetime

was because the snow was so high..people in the north had to dig themselves out of their houses ( snow day the movie was filmed during this time)

Just this monday It was -25 degrees Celsius with -10 windshield
(-13 degrees Fahrenheit) roads completely icy...and a couple feet of snow
Everyone still went to school and all that.

How cold is it usually in a Michigan winter..do you not change to winter tires?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've decided that Paul Gilbert's hands have no method of communication with his brain. they exist as separate sentient beings each with an IQ of 400.
Last edited by Jimi-is-god at Dec 10, 2009,
I live west of Kalamazoo
im out of school,. but school was called off today, probably tomorrow too i imagine
its pretty brutal here. white out, all day. i was stuck in someones driveway for about a half hour this morning...
sorry you had school
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by dudius
I live in Big Rapids and my younger siblings had snow days yesterday and today. Ferris State University cancelled classes after 5pm yesterday and several professors cancelled classes at their own discretion.

Edit: Even when roads are bad, a good driver can often handle things. School would not be cancelled if they didn't think that a bunch of high schoolers driving to school would be alright. The only times I've had problems like you is when driving too fast or rushing things. Driving in snow and on ice takes finesse.

that's the one thing I miss about going to school in big rapids....at least one cancellation per week during the winter months.
I'm at Western Michigan University, and the university is closed today. It's kind of a mixed blessing.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah dude, Im in Flint. Roads were complete shit today, and I still had school.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I'm at Western Michigan University, and the university is closed today. It's kind of a mixed blessing.

Yeah I go to Western too and we have finals next week. I only had one class today and it was the last class of the week and it was a 12:30 class. It was no big deal whether we had class today but its still pretty nuts outside. We've gotten blasted in snow in the last 30 hours.
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com
i go to school in saginaw, and we had a snow day yesterday. but after school today the roads were completely shit. im hoping for one tomorro tho haha
I live north of detroit, and we still had school. All the potholes were filled with ice. It sucked.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I live in Mi. These last 2 days do not qualify as snow days. Fucking pussies. I gotta go to work you all get off my lawn and get your asses in school.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Haha hearing all these stories of snow makes me jealous. I live down in Dallas, Texas and there's only been about 5 days of legit snow since I've been in Pre-K and I'm a Junior now. But it's funny how when we get just barely a couple inches of snow the schools freak out and cancel school.
Where's Waldo?

yay
ha grumpy old men... im in jackson and our roads were prety ice and slushy but they cleared up and we have school. its not that bad here
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Hey my girlfriend goes to western...

OT I'm at U of M and it's balls cold but hardly any snow. No snow days for me
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I live in Florida and I feel like that's somehow relevant to this thread
love is love // return to dust
We've been closed since Wednesday, hoping for another snow day tomorrow because I have a paper for AP English due that I didn't finish.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by SLCdragons102
Haha hearing all these stories of snow makes me jealous. I live down in Dallas, Texas and there's only been about 5 days of legit snow since I've been in Pre-K and I'm a Junior now. But it's funny how when we get just barely a couple inches of snow the schools freak out and cancel school.

Dallas ought to get litter days. Seriously. I have never been anywhere and have seen that much trash blowing around.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by archangels666
You're obviously not a Michigan native, or you would've fishtailed around it and told your friends how awesome it was.

Especially with an SUV. Sheesh.

I have actually lived in MI all my life, although I am a new driver (I did have to learn to drive in snow though). And looking back, off roading to get back onto the road was pretty fun and I had a story.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Here in East Lansing it's cold as balls, but we don't have a whole lot of snow.

MSU hasn't canceled classes due to snow in 100 years. So I don't expect that to change.
Quote by JS5150
Here in East Lansing it's cold as balls, but we don't have a whole lot of snow.

MSU hasn't canceled classes due to snow in 100 years. So I don't expect that to change.

Hmm... I will have to keep that in mind as I consider going to college there...
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Haha, you Americans are crazy.

Vienna hasn´t seen one drop of snow this winter.

It sucks.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
We had a two hour delay yesterday, here in Jackson.
Kinda sucked...I'd rather not go at all then bother going two hours later.
Quote by strat335
that's the one thing I miss about going to school in big rapids....at least one cancellation per week during the winter months.

I'm glad you quoted me in your once-per-month Pit post

And my siblings have a five-day weekend due to the snowdays. My mom works at the local high school and took a personal day on Monday, so she only worked one day this week. Sucks that Walmart doesn't close for snow
Last edited by dudius at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by thankyougermany
Hmm... I will have to keep that in mind as I consider going to college there...

But they do cancel for riots after March Madness ends.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by dudius
And my siblings have a five-day weekend due to the snowdays. My mom works at the local high school and took a personal day on Monday, so she only worked one day this week. Sucks that Walmart doesn't close for snow

WalMart closes for nothing, dudius. Everyone knows that.

Also,
Quote by Jackal58
But they do cancel for riots after March Madness ends.

Quote by archangels666
WalMart closes for nothing, dudius. Everyone knows that.

Also,

It'd be wonderful if we did, though. I work at a 24-hour store, so we close at 7 or 8pm on Christmas Eve and stay closed on Christmas, but that's it. And our dumbass store director chose 7 or 8 rather than 6 because he thinks we need to be open later than Meijer...I very dislike the new store director. Hell, if we closed at noon, Meijer would probably do so as well.
I live southwest of detroit. Havent got any snow days, let alone more than .5-1 inch of snow. If we even get a snow day, it wont be before christmas. This is our last week, so it wont happen
Quote by archangels666
You're obviously not a Michigan native, or you would've fishtailed around it and told your friends how awesome it was.

Especially with an SUV. Sheesh.

+100
Michigan is like -15 or so for a cold day, its only happend like once since 2000, but there can be an ice day at anytime
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?