I have a chance to get one of those rad pedals, and i don't really know which one i want. The UE400 is a real deal '83, not a reissue, and the Tubescreamer is one of the reissues.

I like the OD of the Tubescreamer a bit better, but you have to admit that all of the extra crap the UE400 tosses in is very useful, and it all sounds quite nice too.

I'm kind of leaning towards the TS, since i don't normally use all of those various effects (except, i would like the flanger and the compressor...) but it feels... Wrong to pass up something as epic as an 83 UE400.

Thoughts?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Jump on the ue400, don't look back.

It's overdrive, depending on the year, is either a Maxon od808 or early Ibanez ts-9, either are way beyond the RI ts-9's.

Phaser to die for, if that's your thing.

The rest are so-so, but some people dig 'em, particularly the comp, I just thought it was too flat.

Are these two choices right about the same price?
I'd say the ue400 is worth almost double a RI ts...
The dude that's selling it has it priced at $150 i think. I'm gonna go side-by-side them in a minute. Big bonus, he's a buddy of mine, so i can keep them both for a couple of days and play them with my amp to see which i'm into more.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Update. I went over to the shop today, jammed with a guy who had a 72 Goldtop, got to play said Goldtop, and talked to the owner/store owner guy. We worked out a deal that i can keep whatever effects i wanted to until Tuesday. So i grabbed up his Tubescreamer and that UE400. On my way out he mentioned this pedal that he said was similar to the TS, an MI Blue Boy Deluxe. So i grabbed that too, just incase and came eagerly home to try it all out, right after i got some coffee.

When i got home i hooked everything up for the UE400, switched on my Mark IV to warm up, let the dogs out to pee/keep them from tearing up my living room, came back inside to turn on the UE400, and plugged up my Strat. Well what d'you know, no sound. So i fiddled around with all of my connections. Still no sound. I checked that everything was ON. Still no damn sound. So i unplugged the cable running from the output on the UE400 to my input on the MKIV and stuck that cable into the Strat to see if it was the amp. It was the UE400. So then i noticed that there was a little light blinking on the front. I leaned in close to inspect said light, and noticed in small white print under it "Insta-Patch Error"

I promptly called the guy, and told him about it. I didn't know what was up. Maybe it got jostled around on the ride over? I DID have to swerve to avoid a dumbshit cat. I mean, this unit is old enough to be like a little old lady, depending on how well made it was. He told me not to panic, and he'd do a little research and that he'd call me back tomorrow.

In other news, i didn't like the TS as much this time around as i did before. Compared to that Blue Boy Deluxe it was too.. Tinny and crackly. The BBG was very lush, organic, and had a great range of tone. Low gain = ZZ Top/Hendrix/SRV sort of levels, but all the way up can hit punk sounds, like Social D, and maybe in the ball park of Motorhead. Midway though was really nice, sort of like Patternson Hood's Strat tone... Ya know, with the Strat.

Did i just turn this into a review? Note to self, don't post when high as balls.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193