Hmmm, its a little expensive for a paperweight... That's what you'll be using it for, right?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
ehh...its not the best pedal out there...better than some distortion pedals, but pretty pricey for what you get.
Quote by tubetime86
Hmmm, its a little expensive for a paperweight... That's what you'll be using it for, right?

You serious? I know everyone hates anything with the word 'metal' in it, but the Metal Muff is a good pedal.
Quote by pag_slash_2
You serious? I know everyone hates anything with the word 'metal' in it, but the Metal Muff is a good pedal.

Haha, my point wasn't that its a bad pedal, but that without knowing what he wants to use it for how can we tell?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I like it alot, I used it in my rigg for a while before trading it out for a sd tube mayhem
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
I have one and they're pretty cool.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by tubetime86
Haha, my point wasn't that its a bad pedal, but that without knowing what he wants to use it for how can we tell?

I've always had my roland micro cube, but i'm building my own tube amp at the moment, so for that I need a dist pedal. So I'm going to tell people to get me that for christmas, but I need to decide which model first.
Quote by and3nlol
I've always had my roland micro cube, but i'm building my own tube amp at the moment, so for that I need a dist pedal. So I'm going to tell people to get me that for christmas, but I need to decide which model first.

I mean genres, bands, songs even. What type of amp are you building and what sound do you want to get from it with this distortion pedal.

As with all things UG, the better info you give us the better info we give you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I mean genres, bands, songs even. What type of amp are you building and what sound do you want to get from it with this distortion pedal.

As with all things UG, the better info you give us the better info we give you.

Well, I play mostly metallica and paul gilbert shreds and stuff. I just want a good pedal, good for both metal chords and soloing.
Last edited by and3nlol at Dec 10, 2009,
There you go... Now to get you some real help. I don't play metal, so I'm just bumping so someone who does can come comment.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by and3nlol
Well, I play mostly metallica and paul gilbert shreds and stuff. I just want a good pedal, good for both metal chords and soloing.

The metal muff should get you these sounds just fine. My personal advice, get the one with top boost...I used it quite a bit, and the I liked the EQ better on that one that the other models. I would try tracking down a used one...maybe on ebay...before you drop the cash on a brand new one. And, like with all gear, try one out first if you can. As you can tell by this thread...its not everybody's favorite pedal.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Dec 10, 2009,
However, it is much better than the Boss Metal Zone.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
what amp are you building? this might help
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
that pedal will give you a good range of tones, if you get the one with top boost. ive desired one of these for ages, but always wanted other stuff over it because its not a priority. but this pedal does have a lot of tone. and it wont disappoint you, e.g boss metal zone.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Barber Dirty Bomb

Or spend $50 more bucks and get a Keeley MT-2
It sounds damn good boosting a tube amp, especially if you have, say, a JCM 800 and want to take it beyond thrash territory.

Buddy of mine used one through a little SS amp, and it didn't sound very good. Maybe something like my Ampeg would sound a bit better, but without the tubes it gets tinny I thought.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."