Hey what's up. I have to get my custom 22 set up and I was wondering, this may be a stupid question. Are .13's a hazard for my neck. I'm switching to heavier strings because I like the feel of them better. I play my old Ovation most of the time and it plays like a bucking bronco, so I'm not a stranger to bending large strings.
Yeah, I've heard that before, but I just want to make sure I get an overwhelming census of "of course it's not, noob."
Last edited by lmihay at Dec 10, 2009,
well, what tuning are these 13's going to be in?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Standard most of the time, some drop d, and maybe half step down (rarely).
Quote by lmihay
Standard most of the time, some drop d, and maybe half step down (rarely).

then the truss will obviously need to be adjusted and intonation as well.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Yeah, I'm getting it set up properly, I can't even play it anymore it buzzes so bad.
ok, just when you go get it sut up, make sure you specifically tell the man to put it in E standard. I know a guy who wanted 13's in E standard, but the guy set it up in drop A# /C standard.
Quote by pedromiles101
Thanks man, I'm still kind of scared to do it. I think I may just go .12.
Quote by lmihay
Thanks man, I'm still kind of scared to do it. I think I may just go .12.

well, there are many people who play E standard with 13's. it'll be fine as long as you get it pro set up.
Quote by pedromiles101