In the process of moving to a new apartment, it turns out the only space I have for my guitars and gear is right by my window. Considering I don't really like having my blinds closed during the day, if my guitars sit in the sunlight, outside of possible damage to the finish, is there anything that could affect the guitar's performance?
the heat would make the strings detune a little and the cold would tune up the strings. constant changes like that may mess up intonation.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
It'd be a lot eaiser to just keep them in a case.

, it's what i do.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I can't afford Hardshell cases, and my old pos Gio is occupying the only gig bag I own.
then dont let your pos Gio occupy your only gig bag then.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Good point.
took you someone you didn't ask to help you figure that out. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
took you someone you didn't ask to help you figure that out. lol

Technically I asked the whole forum...ZING!!!

Yeah, I know, I just don't like having it on display since it's such a pos. Otherwise I'd keep my Gibson in there a ll the time.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Technically I asked the whole forum...ZING!!!

Yeah, I know, I just don't like having it on display since it's such a pos. Otherwise I'd keep my Gibson in there a ll the time.
hide it under your bed. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
hide it under your bed. lol

I keep a mattress on the floor. Both me and my two roommates do that. It's surprisingly comfy, and it's mind-blowingly supportive when having sex. Plus, no noise is made from the frame rocking back n forth
put the Gibson in the bag then, i wouldnt keep treasure next to a window. who knows what could happen :O
Last edited by Glenn Guitar at Dec 10, 2009,
having the green house effect on ur guitars everday can only have negative effects beyond appearance, for instince the neck could warp and ud have to do a truss rod adjustment a lot more often, if i were u id consider buying cases or wall mounts for every guitar.