My girlfriend wants to start playing guitar, as a girl she's pretty obsessed by how the thing looks, this is the picture she drew of how it should look:

To me that looks like the Jackson Warrior and due to price range (max of £400) and her other wants (tremolo system and 24 frets), I've been looking at the Jackson WRXT. Link to it is here: http://jacksonguitars.com/products/specSheet.php?product=2911600303 she's agreed that she likes the look... Though she's not sure about the color.

Does anyone know any other ones that I should be taking a look at? I've looked at the B.C. Rich Stealth (but that's too expensive) and various deans which were dubbed "eugh". As a side note, does anyone else think that this dean body style:
looks like a waving man?
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
you looked at the ibanez xiphos?

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Ibanez Xiphos.

EDIT: Not only was I beaten to first, my option was beaten too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Jackson Warrior is a good guitar as a base guitar. You could always watch videos on YouTube on how to repaint your own guitar if the color is an issue
The Jackson is probably going to be better than most BC rich or Dean guitars that you'll find, although I'm not a huge fan of any of those guitars.
yes to the waving man.

As for your gf, if you're spending £400 do you not think it's better if she looks past appearances. I know it's important - we all fall for a sexy guitar - but that's a lot of money to be sinking into something purely on looks.

In true UG form, influences, styles, amp etc.
When I read the thread's name, I thought you were ready to trade a guitar for a girlfriend, which her shape is important (otherwise guitar for a fatty is a bad trade).
UG's AC/DC Lover
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Jackson Warrior or Ibanez Xiphos, just like my comrades said above.

i like your style

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Quote by webbtje
inb4wangster.

inb4fail.

it's Wangcaster, as this isn't the Pit. We actually have a sense of decency here....

ok, maybe we don't but we CAN get banned for using the Pit's antics here.
watch out for lower end jacksons, they can sound like shit. where on the hand of the ibanez, you get affordable tone and build quality on a trusted name. i'd say Xiphos. + they look awesome, and the latest, 27 fret version is amazing. but you need a bit more money for that one :-D
Ibanez Xpt700 is a killer axe for sure, and it's neck-through, and as far as I know, there are no Warriors that are neck-through constructed in the under 1000€ price range... but, taking into consideration that she's a girl, it's worth noticing that the Xiphos is a big mahogany guitar with a lot of wood and it weights a ton. Personally, I don't mind, I think it gives a guitar a good, solid feel, bu just saying, take the weight factor into consideration.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I would STRONGLY advise against a floating trem on a starter guitar, she'll end up spending too much time learning to set up/ tune/ restring the thing instead of actually learning to play.
there's also very little payoff to having a floating trem or 24 frets until you become at least a proficient player.
Quote by DeanRedneck
I would STRONGLY advise against a floating trem on a starter guitar, she'll end up spending too much time learning to set up/ tune/ restring the thing instead of actually learning to play.
there's also very little payoff to having a floating trem or 24 frets until you become at least a proficient player.

A valid point, even though I don't see why not to get 24 frets, with my first guitar I was constantly cursing the fact that it only had 22.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
A valid point, even though I don't see why not to get 24 frets, with my first guitar I was constantly cursing the fact that it only had 22.

Ibanez do make a hardtail Xiphos, it's in a gray color, however.

And I have a floating trem on my guitar, I used it for half a year, then the metal started to crap out, so I blocked it.

I say go for the floating one.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by dash-rendar
Jackson Warrior is a good guitar as a base guitar. You could always watch videos on YouTube on how to repaint your own guitar if the color is an issue

for gods sake unless you're a professional guitar painter dont listen to this guy, on a squier bullet you can experiment with painting it yourself but not on a 400 guitar
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Theres a budget, bolt on version of the Xiphos that Ibanez just came out with. Its a hard tail too.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Rocker_94
When I read the thread's name, I thought you were ready to trade a guitar for a girlfriend, which her shape is important (otherwise guitar for a fatty is a bad trade).

Honest to god you did make me laugh out loud!
I know there are more important factors than the shape but that's why I'm looking through the specs of the guitars for her.
Good idea on the Ibanez Xiphos, I'd never have thought to check out Ibanez cause I mainly associate them with the RGs.
Thanks guys
And nobody has set recommended the Dean Dimebag? Meh, it looks exactly like the drawing, fairly cheap and plays well (although I don't own one, but I remember once playing one for a long period of time - I'm not a metal head).

Yes, a lot are dubbed, but you can get original simple ones, like shown in the first picture!
Last edited by J.Simpson at Dec 10, 2009,
Wow, you have one metal girlfriend...

All my girlfriend plays is acoustic, I'm jealous that you have the opportunity to shred with yours lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I'm gonna guess that you aren't gonna want to purchase a Gibson Sharkfin so... go look at the new Ibanez Xiphos 300 model that came out. Much cheaper than the 700 and hardtail bridge.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by ghiyath
So you're girlfriend admits that shape does matter

Fail. Size matters. Shape only matters if its oddly shaped, like in the shape of an S for example.

*dirty joke alert* and the best part about a Xiphos, ML and Warrior is when she gets lonely, she's got 4 dildos... On the dean, 5.
Quote by leftyace
I'm gonna guess that you aren't gonna want to purchase a Gibson Sharkfin so... go look at the new Ibanez Xiphos 300 model that came out. Much cheaper than the 700 and hardtail bridge.

Ah but she's not looking for a hardtail bridge. She wants the trem system and I can easily show her how to set it up and even set it up for her if needs be.
Definitely not a Gibson though, they're overpriced lumps of turd *spits on Gibsons*
The Ibanez or the Jackson will be your best bet. They both pretty much fall into the drawing more than the DEANs.

John
Yeah, like I said in the original post, she found the Deans "eugh". She's liking the Ibanez Xiphos and I'll be taking a trip down to the music shop soon to play it and see if it's any good.
Xiphos +1.

Dean -10.

Only dean I've ever played and liked was the cadillac. That's a great ****ing guitar. But for the shape she wants, don't get cursed with an ML. Dime rocked the ML's. Nobody else. Plus, once Dime started selling signature Dean's, build quality pulled a Gibson on us.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.