So im thinking about venturing into a small watt tube amp and would like to hear any opinions anyone might have on the two amps listed above.
Quote by CarnivalBeam
So im thinking about venturing into a small watt tube amp and would like to hear any opinions anyone might have on the two amps listed above.

Two VERY different amps. Do you play distorted or clean more often? When you play distorted is it a hard rock crunch or just a slight grind?

If you answered the first choice of either or both of those I'd go for the JSX.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I like both, but id have to choose the second option for both, which point vibro, but JSX is said to have good clean? but I guess what I really want is a true and natural clean tube tone that shimmers
Last edited by CarnivalBeam at Dec 10, 2009,
I'm assuming you meant the Vibro Champ XD. I have a Super Champ XD and you can get a lot of distortion out of it. Very versatile amp. Considering the JSX is priced closer to the SCXD I would recommend the SCXD. You really get a lot more for your money, and I'm no fan of 8" speakers. Nothing beats going to the store and trying both out.
Quote by fly135
I'm assuming you meant the Vibro Champ XD. I have a Super Champ XD and you can get a lot of distortion out of it. Very versatile amp. Considering the JSX is priced closer to the SCXD I would recommend the SCXD. You really get a lot more for your money, and I'm no fan of 8" speakers. Nothing beats going to the store and trying both out.

I agree 100%... The Super Champ XD is awesome, and will actually do some of the higher gain stuff well. I'd say the SCXD's dirty tone will be better than the JSX's clean, but I haven't actually played the JSX so I can't say for sure.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!