Christmas is coming up! And with this, I'm sure I'll be able to get a new guitar and amp.

My current guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica, which is FANTASTIC, but a budget guitar. I love everything about the Pacifica! My amp and other gear consist of the Cube 30x, Boss Me-50 (effects unit) and a Digitech Whammy

I play a lot of Muse, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine etc.

I would love a guitar that has the same functionality of the Pacifica, even though it is just a budget guitar. I tent to lean towards the Stratocaster rather than telecaster shapes...

I'd probably want to spend around the £300 mark.
This is my dream guitar... But the price!

What would you guys recommend?
-Kasad
lol I have the same gear you just mentioned and I think that costed me about 300 pounds as well (regarding the current euro-pound rates). Soo if you really want to upgrade you're rolly best of looking for something second hand
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
You wont get a better guitar AND amp than what youve got for £300 unless you go used. And yeah, I agree the Yamaha Pacifica is fantastic If i were you I'd look into a tube amp and not bother upgrading your guitar just yet. A Peavey Valveking 112 combo will probably do the sounds of all those bands mentioned plus a hell of a lot more, and being only about 280 new, it's within your budget. Search your local classified and ebay to find an amp also (I dont know what you can get for £300 new on the tube front)
your amp is good enough for know look at schecter, ibanez, jackson dinky's or esp mh's, just don't get one with emg's
I'd say go with a new amp if you're so happy with the Pacifica.
You could try out a Fender FM 212R if you want something loud. But beware with that amp, you can't turn that thing down. It's either loud or nothing. You could also look into a Super Champ XD (also Fender), or maybe a Blues Junior. If you like Marshall's, there's MG50FX or MG101FX. If you decide to get a guitar, you could check out an MiM Standard Strat or a PRS SE Custom.
Quote by stratd00d
I'd say go with a new amp if you're so happy with the Pacifica.
You could try out a Fender FM 212R if you want something loud. But beware with that amp, you can't turn that thing down. It's either loud or nothing. You could also look into a Super Champ XD (also Fender), or maybe a Blues Junior. If you like Marshall's, there's MG50FX or MG101FX. If you decide to get a guitar, you could check out an MiM Standard Strat or a PRS SE Custom.

The fender fm and the marshall mgs arent the best, but you can have them as quiet as you want I agree with the blues junior and superchamp but yeah, mim strats and prs se's are bang for buck
Cort G250 or G260 are very strat like.
But if its only the shape that you want, every superstrat is that and there's so many around the £300 mark.
Tim Ellis has some lovely strats at the moment but maybe his Mantis 1 would suit you better.
Your decision really if you'd be better off with the Yammy and upgrading the amp. Maybe some new pups would give it a nice lift and leave enough for the amp. So many options.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Ah, in my first post I meant 300 just for the guitar.. And you are right! There's so many decisions!

I would probably sell my Cube 30X for a new amp.
My gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Yamaha PSR-520 (Keyboard)
Roland Cube 30X
Boss ME-50
Whammy Pedal 4

My YouTube Channel
Got a few Muse and Rockschool Grade 3 pieces up there!
Quote by DavidMW
The fender fm and the marshall mgs arent the best, but you can have them as quiet as you want I agree with the blues junior and superchamp but yeah, mim strats and prs se's are bang for buck

Most FMs can go quiet. But the 212R is a 100-watter, it's pretty much made to be loud.