Hi!

I don't know if I've got a problem with my Digitech Whammy pedal, so I'm hoping someone here has one and can advise me.

Unlike my ME-50 pedal, the Whammy does not track instantly (as in, there is no effect on my sound) until about half way depressed, at which point it starts to do what it should.

Is this how every Whammy is? I've tried resetting it, but it's the same

Thanks
-Kasad
My gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Yamaha PSR-520 (Keyboard)
Roland Cube 30X
Boss ME-50
Whammy Pedal 4

My YouTube Channel
Got a few Muse and Rockschool Grade 3 pieces up there!
i think the tracking may be off, if you have the owner's manual it should tell you how to sync up the tracking or something like that, so try that first. i know out of the box, mine was a lil off as well, so maybe that's the only prob.

is it brand new? used?

if it's new, use the manual, or look up the manual, and do the resetting thing. if it's used and the reset thing doesn't work...i'm outta ideas . . .
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
It sounds like you need to calibrate it. Grab the manual (or DL it offline) and read the steps to calibrating it. Mine works fine after I got it set up right.

Edit: Ninja'd
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
ah there we go, *Calibrated* was the word i was looking for!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Needs to be calibrated. Sounds like you didn't go through the procedure properly, which is why nothing happened.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sorry to jump in here I also have issues with the digitech whammy, when i set it for +1 octave and activate the pedal, it sharpens the original note by a semitone, this is when the pedal is all the way up so I would have thought the note i play should still be the original note regardless that the pedal is active?

is this to do with calibration, or are my leads shite, or am i missing something?
calibration bro, really you shoulda just calibrated first and THEN asked us if it didn't work lol...but yea, that's how mine was outta the box. it SHOULD be the exact note only one/two octaves up, depending on the octave setting.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Sorry to bring this back up, but when I calibrate the pedal, the light seems to flash (I guess to say that it's reached the end) when the pedal is HALFWAY up, and this is usually where it tracks from...) The note it reaches at the end is a perfect octave, however it only seems to track my movement (as in ascending from my note to the whammy note) when my foot is halfway down.

Any further advice?
And thank you so far
My gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Yamaha PSR-520 (Keyboard)
Roland Cube 30X
Boss ME-50
Whammy Pedal 4

My YouTube Channel
Got a few Muse and Rockschool Grade 3 pieces up there!
Quote by Kasad
Sorry to bring this back up, but when I calibrate the pedal, the light seems to flash (I guess to say that it's reached the end) when the pedal is HALFWAY up, and this is usually where it tracks from...) The note it reaches at the end is a perfect octave, however it only seems to track my movement (as in ascending from my note to the whammy note) when my foot is halfway down.

Any further advice?
And thank you so far

when in calibration mode, rock the pedal back and forth. the LEDs should light up one at a time, following your pedal movement. when you're done calibratng and you push the bypass button, the all the LEDs should flash a couple times.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.