Lurking craigslist the other day there was a listing for a Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half stack for $300. I had never heard of it before. 100w of power and a 4x12 cab. With Harmony Central being down it was kinda hard to get any reviews or information on this.

What's UG opinion?
I think I messed with one of these once. I wasn't too big of a fan mainly due to the fact that the one I played with had a bad volume pot which sent the amp from quiet to HOLY SHIT! in a matter of a 1/16th inch turn (which doesn't go over well living in a condo).
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
They didn't last long. I had a 112 combo from about 99-01. It was serviceable. If I remember correctly, it was a hybrid, with power tubes. Good cleans, took pedals well, not the greatest drive (typical Fender in that regard, really).

For a long discontinued but not coveted item used, even 300 seems a bit high though, even for a head/stack. It wouldn't hurt to try it out, maybe try talking the guy down a bit.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I think a couple of UG'rs here own one. You might be able to find them if you search.

Use the link in my sig to do a look up if you are in North America.

Ask a mod to delete your other duplicate thread.

Oh, Thanks. I didn't even know it was there.

Anyway, does anyone have any opinions on the tone? I mostly play low gain and clean stuff. I was looking to get a Peavey Classic 30 but after a few months of waiting to find one I gave up.
The tone is hit or miss really. The Classic 30 is WAY better, I'll definitely say that. If you want to hear what Roc Pros can do, take a listen to the song "Ghost" on my profile. All the guitar work on that was recorded with a Roc Pro combo, obviously with various pedals in front, but theres also some low gain/clean stuff on there as well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
This is now a "What amp should I get" thread

comparing the Roc Pro to the Valveking, which has better cleans?
Probably the Roc Pro. But if you're looking to have a good blend of cleans and low/mid gain type stuff, you'd be better off with the VK. Though I still say you looking for the Classic 30 was for good reason.

Are you looking to get it used, I take it, and that's why you can't find it? In my neck of the woods, you can find Classic 30s at pretty much all the local stores, national or mom&pops.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, I think it's silly to buy something new. I live in Chicago, but I guess we're going through a Classic 30 drought.
Or everybody who owns one doesn't want to, or has a desperate need to, sell theirs.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣