Is it possible for me to get a fairly cheap SS poweramp to use with my AC4TV's speaker out so I can use it gigging? Would poweramps be able to take that load normally, are there some specially designed for it?

Given I wouldn't need to amplify it much(40w would only be twice as loud etc.) it shouldn't really be that big a deal.
that would blow up the power amp. you'll have to buy three different things if you want this to work:

-load box/attenuator that has line out
-power amp
-cabinet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
why?
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
http://www.ehx.com/products/22-caliber

However i dont think going pre-amp -> power-amp -> power-amp is good for your amp. You'd probably have to buy a load box, or get an effects loop installed into your vox ac4.
https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/micromass.htm

Mic up, buy a bigger amp, or a 2x12 to push more air.
Last edited by beckyjc at Dec 10, 2009,
I can't really afford a bigger amp unfortunately. I'm surprised there isn't something designed for boosting the signal.
Quote by WSR66
why?

power amps a designes to power the preamp of your amp, which is very low power. running even a 5 watt amps through a power amp without a load box would fry the power amp and your head, in all likelyhood.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Some power amps might be able to handle that much input, but you'd definitely fry the vox.

You need a load box to take the signal from the vox down to line level before you can run it through a power amp. I assume if you're gigging you've got a PA; you can get a load box and run the output from that to the PA, or just mic the amp.