hey i'm kinda new and i just wanted to know if there was anyway to set ultimate guitar so that if i was to ask a question or something on the commente section, when someone answers me i recieve an e-mail on my hotmail address or something, like on youtube..so that i get easy access and i don't have to go looking for the actual article or something..sometimes i even forget where it is...
There is no function for exactly what you want.

When browsing a thread, down below the quick reply box, there is a link called "subscribe to this thread"

You can use that, and then through the control panel, decide on what kind of subscription you want. Instant, daily, weekly, etc. This will email you whenever the thread gets a new post, not specifically a post in reply to one of yours.

Generally, in a busy thread, people will quote the person they reply to, for clarity, so using the search function, search your username, and select "display results as posts" and it will show all the posts you have been quoted in.

You can also personal sticky any thread you post in, for ease of access.

Quote by Krieger91
hey i'm kinda new and i just wanted to know if there was anyway to set ultimate guitar so that if i was to ask a question or something on the commente section, when someone answers me i recieve an e-mail on my hotmail address or something, like on youtube..so that i get easy access and i don't have to go looking for the actual article or something..sometimes i even forget where it is...
Comments on articles, lessons, news, etc, are not very interactive. Another user can quote your comment, but there is no mechanism for alerting you to that occurrence.

In fact, a user can't even search the main site to find all of their own comments. So the only method you would have of keeping track of something like that would be to bookmark (in your web browser) the articles that you have commented on. Then go back periodically and check to see if anyone quoted you.

Comments on articles aren't meant to be thread-like discussions. The intended purpose for the comment section is just an outlet for your opinion on the article itself. Unfortunately, the comments beneath articles tend to get very "chatty" with discussions of a more general nature.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

In fact, a user can't even search the main site to find all of their own comments.

I can.
Quote by daytripper75
I can.
Yeah. And you can find mine, too. Show off.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.