I've been listening to the new song 'Kings and Queens' by 30 seconds to mars.
Now, i'm not a huge fan of them, but I think it has one of the largest sounding choruses i've heard in ages.

Is that double tracking and just putting multiple layers on it or is it EQ mixing and something like that?
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
by chorus, i'm assuming you mean the chorus of the song and not the effect... cause i'm listening to it and not hearing any crazy huge chorus stuff going on... but yes, the song's chorus is quite large.

yes, that's doubling up on the guitar parts (more guitar parts going than actual guitarists in the band). panning them (different for each guitar part) layering vocals, harmonizing the vocals, some well placed reverb, added strings, and good mixing.

it's all pretty standard tricks, and you can find very similar sounding things in a rather wide variety of genres.
Def sounds like some multi-tracking & some good mixing. Lots of reverb on the vocals as well.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Lots of layers, lots of reverb (if it can work in the situation), lots of automation.
Yeh, sorry I didn't mean the effect. Certainly seems very well produced. Would never be able to pull it off live tho.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by frnzd
Yeh, sorry I didn't mean the effect. Certainly seems very well produced. Would never be able to pull it off live tho.

No, even some of the best bands in the world can't pull stuff off like that live without a little assistance...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp