Is it safe to play a guitar into a bass amp? I'm not worried about the tone, I've done and I'm satisfied with sound, I'd just like to make sure I won't ruin the amp. I know this has been asked many times, but nothing showed up in the first 5 pages of a search.
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Meh, I've done it, nothing bad has happened. Then again, I use old shitty amps that it wouldn't matter if I blew it or not.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Yes, It's perfectly fine to play a guitar through a bass amp. The thing you shouldn't do is play a bass through a guitar amp, it takes alot more wattage to make bass tones than mid-treble tones. So with a guitar in a bass amp, you're just not using all of the available wattage, but with a bass in a guitar amp, you're demanding too much of the amp
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
guitar into bass amp is perfectly fine. there's nothing a guitar can put out that's rougher on an amp than a bass.

some of them sound quite good as guitar amps actually. i know a number of Fenders sound great with either instrument.
theres nothing wrong with it i do it all the time. in fact, old fender bassman amps are prized collectibles among guitarists.

a bass into a guitar amp is the only thing you have to be careful with b/c it can't take the lower frequencies of the bass.
Ok, cool. Thanks very much, because I discovered an great jazz/blues tone on my bass amp. And I know not to play a bass through a guitar amp.
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!