Poll: When…
Poll Options
View poll results: When…
memorized
28 28%
played from beginning to end (not perfectly)
27 27%
played with a backing track
11 11%
played with a band
6 6%
nailed 100%
27 27%
Voters: 99.
That.
Check poll.

When…

memorized
played from beginning to end
pulled out with a backing track
pulled out with a band
nailed 100%
I see no poll.

None of the above. If I know most of it I consider it learned.

I usually play by ear, so I don't necessarily go through and learn every part. If I don't get one part I normally don't go back to learn it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Dec 10, 2009,
Nailed 100%
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
When i can play it naked infront of my dad with my tongue.
And played from beginning to end.
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Quote by metalmouth22
Nailed 100%

Yup.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
when you say "played", do you mean memorized, or just played once? I'm assuming memorized and voting played beginning to end.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Its very rare to actually be able to play a song in front of people 100% perfect 100% of the time. Id say if you can play it with a band more or less right (especially with a bad drummer.... thats a challenge) youve learned it.
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
When I have worked out the chords being used/melody/riff. I never go into detail really
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I don't think you can fully learn any song you yourself did not write. That might just be me though.
Nailed 100% from memory for all the instruments in said song I am capable of playing.
🙈 🙉 🙊
When I get as much of it as I can play. I usually get stuck on the solos, because they're too fast. Therefore, there are very few songs that I can play all the way through, and they're just a bunch of repeating riffs, anyway.
When I can vaugley play most of the riffs. I don't normally learn solos note for note unless I really like the solo.
Up The Boro!
a song is learned when you can play it beginning to end by yourself and you have learned every nuance and technique that the player uses. lots of people can play along to songs and not play it how the player is playing

EDIT: sorry for the overuse of the word play
When I can play most of it by memory with few mistakes.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by dlguitarmaster7
a song is learned when you can play it beginning to end by yourself and you have learned every nuance and technique that the player uses. lots of people can play along to songs and not play it how the player is playing

EDIT: sorry for the overuse of the word play

You shouldn't necessarily play it exactly how the original is played. You should develop your own style, unless you really want to emulate another guitarist note for note. That's up to you I guess.

When I can play the entire song from start to finish and it sounds good, I consider it learned. It probably won't be the same as the original, but I won't be happy until I've eliminated all 'mistakes', ie anything that sounds bad.
I think a song's learned, and really learned, when you can start having fun with it. If you have to really focus on what you're doing and how you're playing it, you havent learned it- you're still working to play.

When I can play a song, and either jump around and get into it or play with some friends, then I've really got it learned. Especially if I'm comfortable enough to improvise or add my own touches to it.