Hey,
I just finished reading about amps in the FAQ but I'm still having trouble finding the set up I want. I play in a punk band and we've been playing shows for about 3 years. For the first year and a half I used other bands amps then I finally got my self what I thought was the perfect amp (knowing little about amps at the time) which was a Fender Rumble 60. Needless to say this thing can barley handle jamming in a small basement little lone a show. Now my band is going on tour this summer and I need to get something that will not only be loud anough but also be able to handle about 2 weeks of playing every night. Right now I'm thinking about getting a 1x15 cab and a decent head for Christmas and then buy myself a 2x10 cab before we leave but I'm also looking at getting a 4x10. The problem is my price range is only about $600. Thats why I'm thinking getting the 1x15 and a head now then getting a 2x10 later is my best option. I was looking at getting this and this and then the BA210 (I think thats what its called) later but after reading the FAQ now I'm thinking thats a bad idea. Now I'm looking at getting this and this for christmas and this later on. My question is will the Gallien-Krueger Backline 600 run both cabs, will it be reliable and will it be loud anough for medium and larger bar shows? Sound quality is not a huge concern but I'd like it to loud anough so I dont have to crank it and deal with a horrible sound. If this looks like a shitty set-up can some one point me in the right direction?
look into carvin 4x10 combos they have more power and punch than the backline crap and are almost indestructible that or maybe a hartke setup
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I;ve heard the GK Backline series isn't very good...

How about this?

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B450-450W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=484907

Yeah I was also thinking of getting a combo. And that Acoustic does look nice. Is it actually 450W or are they over-stating the wattage like the FAQ warns to watch out for? Also I was looking at this or this . Do you think it would meet my needs?

Edit: I also really like how the Acoustic has an output for another cab as well.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I solved my own problem. I'm going to get this and maybe a 1x15 in the future.
Last edited by RebelHell at Dec 10, 2009,
If you get the Acoustic 450W and hook up another cab, it becomes 600W.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
I;ve heard the GK Backline series isn't very good...

How about this?

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B450-450W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=484907

I just bought this Acoustic combo on Black Friday. It's damn loud, sounds great, the 2x10 gives you alot of punch, the 6 band eq allows some pretty nice tweaking, I really like it, I can finally get over my guitarist and one of the many drummers we jam with. But it may not fit for everyone. I really wanna get a 1x15 to get a little more low end out of it.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by JF-SH1
I just bought this Acoustic combo on Black Friday. It's damn loud, sounds great, the 2x10 gives you alot of punch, the 6 band eq allows some pretty nice tweaking, I really like it, I can finally get over my guitarist and one of the many drummers we jam with. But it may not fit for everyone. I really wanna get a 1x15 to get a little more low end out of it.

Is that amp new, i've never seen it before?

Edit: I figured I should actually contribute the the thread. I would recommend Acoustic as a brand, I have a B200 and love it. It's got a good sound and tone so I have to imagine the higher end stuff would only be better.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Last edited by TrabenBassist22 at Dec 10, 2009,
I don't have anything to offer in way of suggestions, as i'm new to the amp realm, but i've heard Behringer amps give out after a couple of weeks of casual playing. Mostly for no reason. I haven't been through this myself and have heard more stories about them not working than the more desirable condition. So, i'd stay away from them.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Quote by Captain Insano
I think you might find the B200 to be underpowered for gigging.

Yeah I'm looking around to find a 300-400w head to get with the acoustic 1x15 and then before we leave I'm going to get the 4x10. Any one know how many watts I'll get out of this rig:

300w (4 ohms) head
4x10 400w Cab
1x15 250w Cab

I don't really understand how to figure out what a rig will put out. Will it put out 300w? Will it put out 400w if I get a 400w head?
Quote by TrabenBassist22
Is that amp new, i've never seen it before?

Edit: I figured I should actually contribute the the thread. I would recommend Acoustic as a brand, I have a B200 and love it. It's got a good sound and tone so I have to imagine the higher end stuff would only be better.

Yeah it's relatively new I do believe. It does lack in low end kinda, but it can be tweaked to get some good oomph out of it. But not with drop tunings, it lacks when i hit drop C. But it also sounds great for guitar playing. Once again. It's all tweakable.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Ashdown Mag 300 head. You can pick one up cheaply second hand. Good heads and will do the job.
Also a ashdown magg 300 2x10 combo might be a little more suited with a 1x15 underneath it.
Can you try stuff out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Ive been playing through the GK BL600 and is is great, the cabs ive heard are low quality, I would advise a gk bl6600 and avatar cabs