it's been awhile since i've post a track but i've finally join a band
here's one of a few tracks we had recorded during a practice session.
so the sound and solo are just rough at the moment.
but i could do with some non bias ears to hear it and tell what you think.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/

songs at the top of the page and it's called 'I'm Gone' .
please crit as i'm dying to get these songs out there and gigging soon.
C4C as always
nice riff, mixing could be abit better, guitars up abit, as well as bass and vocals. vocals are great. drums are nice, but they just don't seem heavy enough. drummer seems bored. tell him to really hit those things i like the bridge at 2:10, nice bass there, solos alright. i liked it alot, good luck with your new band
crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1242967
yeah i though the guitars are alittle low and maybe panned to far.
cheers for the crit
I liked it, but your drummer needs some creativity, tell him to maybe add some more fills in there, he sounds like he's not putting much effort into it. Apart from that and the fact it was rough mix(I assume, if its not whoever mixed it needs to re-mix it) it as awesome (Y)
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
I liked it, but your drummer needs some creativity, tell him to maybe add some more fills in there, he sounds like he's not putting much effort into it. Apart from that and the fact it was rough mix(I assume, if its not whoever mixed it needs to re-mix it) it as awesome (Y)

yeah it was just a live recording, i would've like the guitars to be more audible in the mix but hey it was like £3 extra on room hire. when we do the full recording thing i'm gonna be all over it to make sure we get the best sound.
i'll mention to the drummer to find a fuller beat, though i think we're still finding the dynamics out at this point.
but this is the kinda thing i'm looking for.
cheers bro.
Damn! That was pretty rockin', dude! You guys have a really good vocalist as well. How did you guys record with such good quality?
Quote by Trivium1224
Damn! That was pretty rockin', dude! You guys have a really good vocalist as well. How did you guys record with such good quality?

we mic'd everything up, kick overheads, both amp cabs, vocals direct through the p.a and the bass was direct as well. all into logic , which is why the guitar levels are low cause i ain't had much to do with it before. i'm a reaper boy.
most studios will record your sessions for a small fee.
i have a few more to post but i'll put one up a week.
cheers for the crit.
Quote by jemeput
the song is nice I think... only thing is the songs seems so dry... I dont know why... is it my speaker??

overall... its good... keep it up...

dunno would be the honest answer, small room and no reverb on any of the tracks maybe?
cheers for the crit dude.
**** this i'll bump it myself....i guess C4C don't work
look if if you crit mine i promise i'll crit you back. and all you other dicks can **** off.
Hi there, always been a fan of your work- largely due to the heavy Metallica influence. Great riffs as always I think the composition itself is great. As a few others have said, the drums need to be more creative- I think drums are generally the key to getting a song like this really going. Once this is rerecorded and remastered, it will be excellent.

C4C- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244823
Quote by Richo1985
Hi there, always been a fan of your work- largely due to the heavy Metallica influence. Great riffs as always I think the composition itself is great. As a few others have said, the drums need to be more creative- I think drums are generally the key to getting a song like this really going. Once this is rerecorded and remastered, it will be excellent.

C4C- https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244823

cheers crit coming your way.
i think i might have buggered the drums up trying to my my guitar louder.
It sounds really good! What mic do you use? It sounds fantastic. Maybe you could record the guitar a closer to the mic? It kind of sounds muffled in the background, but nothing to bad. It sounds like I'm right in the room lol. As for the song, it's not exactly intricate or complex, but it sure is solid! Pretty headbangin' man. Good work.

Thanks for the crit.
Quote by v2a2n2g2
It sounds really good! What mic do you use? It sounds fantastic. Maybe you could record the guitar a closer to the mic? It kind of sounds muffled in the background, but nothing to bad. It sounds like I'm right in the room lol. As for the song, it's not exactly intricate or complex, but it sure is solid! Pretty headbangin' man. Good work.

Thanks for the crit.

true, alot of the songs were already written when i joined the band so i 've had to find away to put my feel to em. i couldn't tell you what the mics was sorry. though next time the guitars will be louder. i've done a newer mix here at home just needs triming.
Remixed version...

...listening to it now, cool riff man. Tight band, man. Nice singer, good quality with his voice, is there any 'verb there?
The riffs in this song are amazing.
I think you need to compress the singers voice. He's a bit quiet at times. Also, lower the snare a bit (in vol.) and boost some mids (a bit) and give some 'verb.
At the breakdown, nice playing from both of you, but the guitar on the left really quiet (that may have been intended, it's also very trebly).
Cool.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.