Page 1 of 2
You can tell a lot about a person from what sort of watch they wear. Post yours here.

A watch given to me by my cousin as a souvenir from Beijing - commemorating 60 years since the Communist Revolution. Note the little Mao
Last edited by Kumanji at Dec 10, 2009,
My watch is a japanese "Laros" digital watch. It cost 15 dollars. I got it for my 13th birthday, if I recall correctly, and it's missing most of the plastic parts on the front (including the light button), but it still works.

My parents are ashamed of the fact that I still wear it.

It means that I'm stubborn and have trouble letting go and moving on.
I have a Timex digital watch with rubber straps. What the fuck can you tell about me?
Pretty much this, only with a more greenish-blue hue and it's from pulsar.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by Kumanji
Well there's posh

Gets me reservations at Dorsia though
This is my watch, I've had it for about 5 years. I've also just bought a casio g-shock since I've applied to the army, and want something that I can bash about and still have work properly.

...Bleep Bloop...
I collect watches. I have quite a few.

Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
I threw my watch in a trash can on Nov. 28 1989. Haven't worn one since then.
I am anti-posh.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sabbath1313
Some cheap-ish Swiss Army watch I bought a couple of years ago.

You are wearing it wrong.

Edit: I have one like this

except it is fake.
Last edited by Well....... at Dec 10, 2009,
http://www.krug-baumen.com/oceanmaster.htm

That one with a green face, and i might be buying a Breitling like this from a mate.

My everyday is just a leather strap next one.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Well.......
You are wearing it wrong.

I'm a lefty. I wear my watch on my right wrist.

^ I would kill for a Breitling. I think I'll buy one as a nice watch when I have some money.
i use my phone also. havn't worn a watch since i was 10 probably.

Quote by cliff_em_all

That one with a green face, and i might be buying a Breitling like this from a mate.

you seriously paid £480 on something that JUST tells the time?
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by cliff_em_all

That one with a green face, and i might be buying a Breitling like this ... from a mate.

Bloody hell. Reminding people of your status or compensating for something?

Esprit Chronograph....or something like that
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
ESP LTD Stephen Carpenter 607b
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Quote by sabbath1313
I'm a lefty. I wear my watch on my right wrist.

^ I would kill for a Breitling. I think I'll buy one as a nice watch when I have some money.

Yeah the bastard just got a Tag Heuer SLR so i thought ild buy the breitling for showing off dont know how much he wants yet though
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?

Time is a capitalist construction to control people.

Srsly. Factories in the early Industrial Revolution required a more regulated and efficient way of organizing the workforce.
Quote by Kumanji

Srsly. Factories in the early Industrial Revolution required a more regulated and efficient way of organizing the workforce.

So that would explain why the Romans could tell time.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Kumanji
Bloody hell. Reminding people of your status or compensating for something?

I was wondering what you meant, then i checked out my status and i realises its "Wishes he were a lighthouse" Nah, my mate wants to get rid of it, i can get it for cheap so i thought why not?

And no, i diddn't pay for the Krug, My dad bought it in celebration, and has given it too me as a gift
Quote by ZanasCross

Wow, aren't you guys rebels. You more than likely carry something or act in a certain way that makes you assert higher status yourselves so don't complain because someone has a nice watch.
Quote by Kumanji

Actually the modern watch is a navigational aid developed by a Brit. His name escapes me at the moment but he won a prize from the crown for his development of an accurate time piece that allowed seafarers to calculate longitude based upon the position of the sun, moon and various bright stars in reference to the current time at Greenwich Observatory.

Stick that in your manifesto and smoke it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Actually the modern watch is a navigational aid developed by a Brit. His name escapes me at the moment but he won a prize from the crown for his development of an accurate time piece that allowed seafarers to calculate longitude based upon the position of the sun, moon and various bright stars in reference to the current time at Greenwich Observatory.

Stick that in your manifesto and smoke it.

He was a slave ship owner. Obvs.

I meant regulated time in general, though I'd never heard of the origin of watches being navigational One learns something new every day...
I don't wear a watch, they irritate me, I have no idea why.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kumanji
He was a slave ship owner. Obvs.

I meant regulated time in general, though I'd never heard of the origin of watches being navigational One learns something new every day...

North and south is easy. So many degrees from Polaris and boom I'm here. East and west is quite tricky. You need a reference point. The only constant is celestial risings at a certain point at a certain time. If you can't accurately track that time you don't know how far from the reference point you are.

He was a machinist iirc. And a Scott most likely.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Last edited by Jackal58 at Dec 10, 2009,
I don't wear a watch because I have skinny wrists and the most annoying thing IN THE WHOLE WORLD is when the watch slips down and starts digging into my wristbones. Not cool.

So I just use my phone.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I don't wear a watch because I have skinny wrists and the most annoying thing IN THE WHOLE WORLD is when the watch slips down and starts digging into my wristbones. Not cool.

So I just use my phone.

Duct tape it to your arm and take a picture. Otherwise Kjell is going to think you're a rebel.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Duct tape it to your arm and take a picture. Otherwise Kjell is going to think you're a rebel.

my phone...? but the screen will get sticky
Velcro?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
DW, my PC screens really sticky, doesnt effect anything.
Quote by ZanasCross

Some sort of $50 Timex sports watch with a digital and analog clock. My mother bought it for me about five years ago, and it's proven to be pretty much indestructible. Swimming, stepped on, dropped from a height, been punched, the only maintenance it's needed was a new battery a week or so ago. Still in good condition too. Will get a pic later, but for now, since my watch says a lot about me, what does my Timex say?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Dirge Humani
All my watches broke.

I guess you weren't watching them enough.

Quote by Jackal58

I will
Quote by necrosis1193
Some sort of $50 Timex sports watch with a digital and analog clock. My mother bought it for me about five years ago, and it's proven to be pretty much indestructible. Swimming, stepped on, dropped from a height, been punched, the only maintenance it's needed was a new battery a week or so ago. Still in good condition too. Will get a pic later, but for now, since my watch says a lot about me, what does my Timex say?

People's watches tend to be themselves in microcosm. You're the kind of person who evidently needs a watch to be indestructible.
Page 1 of 2