I am in a difficult choice between:

1991 Ibanez rg750
1991 Ibanez s540
PRS SE custom 24
both are $500. I dont know what would be a better deal.
Also the owner has said the ibanez s540 has a wizard neck.

And one more question: what would the bridge be for the guitars? some ibanez edge or something?
Go Ibanez!
You sure it's not RG570?

Those are pretty high in demand, actually... As long as it's in good shape.
Those are pretty high in demand, actually... As long as it's in good shape

Yes im sure its an rg750.
its awsome

the s has a ZR which is fantastic and the RG if it's a prestige will have an Edge pro or some other kickass trem.

im sure back in 1991 there was no zr trem or an edge pro...
Go Ibanez!
The RG or the S. They will have either the Original Edge or Lo-Pro, which are both excellent trems. I'd probably get the RG unless the S is the Oiled Mahogany. For some reason I dont like painted S's that much.
RG750 fo sho. Unless you're a little girley man who needs the wafer thin S.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
haha lol

EMG HATER??? FIRST EMG HATER I'VE SEEN XD

no second, cuz im not a huge fan of emgs either
Go Ibanez!
There's another EMG hater on here.

Funnily enough I'm actually texting a buddy of mine, making fun of the EMGs he has in his PRS SE.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Out of those I would go with the RG570 for sure (if you meant to put 570 and not 750)
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Last edited by leftyace at Dec 10, 2009,
I'd go for the RG. Just feel more solid than an S to me, but i'm rather large Both are excelent guitars i'm sure. Just make sure to check em out to make sure they're in alright condition.
There's another EMG hater on here.

Funnily enough I'm actually texting a buddy of mine, making fun of the EMGs he has in his PRS SE.

yep the thread goes the wrong way again. anways yeah emgs are too expensive and the sound... its not versatile.
i also hate the idea of a battery too.

Out of those I would go with the RDg570 for sure (if you meant to put 570 and not 750)

it is an ibanez rg750. SEVEN FIFTY LOL

and to Tubyboulin thank you for your advice. Yes the Ibanez rg is in a better condition (hardly any paint wear/damages to hardware) than the s.
Go Ibanez!
and the PRS from now is out of the subject... cuz no one is mentioning anything about it. all i know so far is brad delson (a horrible guitarist from linkin park) uses it (yes, an SE custom 24) and i like the sound of it, so i was just wondering.

HOwever... he uses mesa boogie dual rectrifiers and bunch of other s***, so i guess its probrably becoz of that looool.
Go Ibanez!
Quote by benmoon
and the PRS from now is out of the subject... cuz no one is mentioning anything about it. all i know so far is brad delson (a horrible guitarist from linkin park) uses it (yes, an SE custom 24) and i like the sound of it, so i was just wondering.

HOwever... he uses mesa boogie dual rectrifiers and bunch of other s***, so i guess its probrably becoz of that looool.

The guy from Linkin Park definitely doesn't play an SE.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop

+1

pros NEVER.................... EVER (almost) uses a "beginner level" guitar live.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
+1

pros NEVER.................... EVER (almost) uses a "beginner level" guitar live.

Unless they're going to smash the shit out of it

I love how half of UG doesn't think there's an RG750.

Anyways, get the 750. You'll be lucky to find another for that price. They're great guitars and I'd love the opportunity to buy a good one from the 80's.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.mop

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.mop

+1

im pretty sure he does, apparently he plays bunch of rg tremelos as well.
besides like i said he's terrible lol

love how half of UG doesn't think there's an RG750.

Anyways, get the 750. You'll be lucky to find another for that price. They're great guitars and I'd love the opportunity to buy a good one from the 80's.

yes i think i will. it looks like the rg750 is really rare. i'll get it probrably. Should i replace the pickups (dimarzio/ibz) with it too?
Go Ibanez!
Quote by benmoon

yes i think i will. it looks like the rg750 is really rare. i'll get it probrably. Should i replace the pickups (dimarzio/ibz) with it too?

No, Brad Delson uses "real" PRS Customs. The things that cost thousands and thousands of dollars.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by benmoon

He doesn't play SE's. I don't know exactly which PRS model he plays, but I'm assuming it's a Custom 24. Please, just leave it at that. He used to play RG's, but not anymore. And there's no need to criticize his playing after every post; for all you know, he's a great guitar player. But virtuoso guitar playing wouldn't fit with Linkin Park's music, would it?

If you're getting an Ibanez, I'd want to switch out the pickups for something else.

Also, I'm just curious: is the rarity of the RG750 its main selling point to you? That's the idea I'm getting. I have no idea what the prices on RG750's are like, but if they're needlessly more expensive than the other late 80's/90's RG models just because they're rare, you may be better off saving the money and getting a model that isn't so rare.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
No, Brad Delson uses "real" PRS Customs. The things that cost thousands and thousands of dollars.

oh cuz on a website it said he used SE's... oh well :P
but right now they are out cuz everyone keeps mentioning ibanezes are betta
Go Ibanez!
Quote by benmoon
Why don't you get the guitar and decide for yourself?

To clear up the Brad Delson thing, I've got a guitar mag with a PRS ad. I can't remember if it's a custom 22 or 24, but Brad Delson doesn't play an SE.
Quote by Marty Friedman

well i found it out on a website, i guess i was wrong.
Go Ibanez!
Quote by benmoon
well i found it out on a website, i guess i was wrong.

...you already said that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Also, I'm just curious: is the rarity of the RG750 its main selling point to you? That's the idea I'm getting. I have no idea what the prices on RG750's are like, but if they're needlessly more expensive than the other late 80's/90's RG models just because they're rare, you may be better off saving the money and getting a model that isn't so rare

sorry for the late reply, but, no, thats not true. i dont use ebay, and i cant find any rg5xx's anywhere. this is the only the "golden age" guitar i found so far. oh also yeah same with the s seires, but it has lots of paint scraped off.
Go Ibanez!