Hi I am wondering what to get with my cabinet. V30s or greenbacks. I like classic rock and hard rock. My guitar is a fender telecaster as my main guitar and an epiphone dot as a back up. Also what would it sound like if I used 2 greenbacks and 2 v30s? The amp I am planning to get is a 1987x. Anyways thanks a lot in advance.
Dave
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
There are countless comparisons of those speakers online including audio. 2 green backs and 2 v30s in an X pattern in a 4X12 cab is a very common and well liked combo.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
I would get G12H30s, the new MIC greenbacks suck, unless you are planning to get the Heritage ones (which are obnoxiously expensive)

they all need breaking in though.
g12h30's are awsome. pair them with a nice greenback and you have instant awsome. if you want to spend the money, plexi's love celestion blues. or you could get a matchless cab which has 1 greenback and 1 g12h and they are treated with acetone to give a move vintage vibe.

edit: actually the 1987x would probably blow the matchless seeing as it is only 55W.
i love my mix of weber speakers for english tone(1 alnico blue bell and one ceramic silver bell) has lots of range and versatility.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Greenbacks can only handle 25W each, so watch out with your amp wattage.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
For your style of music, I would recommend Greenbacks for their thick low end, and meaty midrange bark.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I second the recommendation for Warehouse Guitar Speakers Green Berets. I live in the same town as the WGS factory, and know David very well. If you like Greenback tone, his Green Berets will do it.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
A plexi reissue will peak well in excess of 150watts when cranked, that's why people had twinstacks of greenbacks. Get the X pattern V30 - Greenback deal, you wont be disappointed
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
The 1987x should be ok. Most of them top out at 100watts or so, well enough to push the greenbacks into that thick, creamy, breakup.

As for combination, I would actually suggest 2 greenbacks and 2 g12h30s as well. the g12h30 is my personal favorite celestion.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 16, 2009,
Remember, regardless of what speaker pattern you choose, if you have even one 25 watt Greenback in a 4x12 the cab wattage will still be 100 watts.

If you want a wattage buffer zone for a 100 watt head, go with the above mentioned G12H30's which will make the 4x12 120 watts.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION