alrighty, i've been looking into ESP LTD EC's and i've heard that they are great for metal and such which is great seeing as this is what i play most. The thing i was wondering is if this would be a wise investment because i'm not planning on getting another guitar for a loooooong time and if it could hold out. i've heard nothing but good things about them but nothing about their "life-span" i guess you could say. I'm not looking at the 1000's because they are way to expensive for me though.

before anyone asks i have a Roland Cube 15x and a BOSS ME-20, probably going to get a new amp too.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Avoid anything below 400 series for LTDs.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Avoid anything below 400 series for LTDs.

lmao ok, any particular reason?

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
lmao ok, any particular reason?

I'll tell my story again...

I was on my way to Sam Ash (I was going from Buddy Rogers Music to Sam Ash) to get a EC-50 I tried for a long time and liked. At the last second I saw a Jackson ($850 dollar model) new in perfect condition. I went home researched it, and I learned that LTD's suck!!!! So I chose the Jackson and boy am I happy.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
I haven't played with any of the others, but I have an older LTD EC-400 that I really enjoy. I assume the newer ones are of comparable quality, so I'd say spring for the 401 if you like the EC series.
I have an EC-50 which I won in a competition at my local music store. Unfortunately for it, it is going to be compared to my other guitars (Gibson, Epiphone & Ibanez).
It's a base-model and it shows - the wood, pickups & electrics aren't the best. The higher the number in the "EC" series, the higher the quality.

As for being "great for metal"... pretty much any guitar is great for metal (excluding hollowbodies of course) - it all comes down to what you like. Of course advertising, word of mouth and flavour-of-the-month all determine what you "think" is a metal guitar.
i have an mh-50 and it seems fine, better than some ibanez gsa60 i had previously.
im a beginner though, and ive had (basically) nothing to compare it to, so it might be crap lol.
the old 1000s are pretty much the same price as the new 401s. So if you are willing to spend, either get the old 400, the old 1000, or the new 401 or 1000.

I think the older ones are getting hard to find new in stores though.
Quote by cgmetallica1981
I'll tell my story again...

I was on my way to Sam Ash (I was going from Buddy Rogers Music to Sam Ash) to get a EC-50 I tried for a long time and liked. At the last second I saw a Jackson ($850 dollar model) new in perfect condition. I went home researched it, and I learned that LTD's suck!!!! So I chose the Jackson and boy am I happy.

You sir, are an idiot. Each brand has their duds and gems, and for the most part, any of the LTDs above the 400 series are very good guitars, for instance my Redburn. It's one of the graphic series, and its absolutely amazing.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
If you're not going to get another for a "loooooong time", then get the 401. It looks badass, has an EMG 81/60 combo (Not that I'm glorifying EMG, I just think they're probably far better than the ESP stock Pups. I hate the ones on my M-200FM.) And it has a mahogany body/set mahogany neck. So, basically it's like a Gibson, but better, and cheaper hahaha. Oh, and it has 24 frets, a concept that Gibson doesn't really seem to understand.
Quote by Offworld92
If you're not going to get another for a "loooooong time", then get the 401. It looks badass, has an EMG 81/60 combo (Not that I'm glorifying EMG, I just think they're probably far better than the ESP stock Pups. I hate the ones on my M-200FM.) And it has a mahogany body/set mahogany neck. So, basically it's like a Gibson, but better, and cheaper hahaha. Oh, and it has 24 frets, a concept that Gibson doesn't really seem to understand.

thats one of the things that made me look at these guitars, the 24 frets. i was already leaning towards the 401 series but i wanted to ask people who had experience with them. thanks guys!

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Offworld92

I'll call your bluff, friend.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Double-Cut-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=517344

High hand wins ignoring of course the fact that it's discontinued.
401 with the Floyd. If I had some spare cash I'd grab one and rip out the EMGs.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I just got an M-400 last friday, and it ROCKS. The EMGs work great for the metal i play. The M series has the 85/85 EMG's which is not that good for Blues/jazz. But the EC's, if i remeber correctly, have 81/60 EMGs so that is perfect. That could probably be the last guitar youll ever buy its, that good.
Last edited by MidniteHaze at Dec 11, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I'll call your bluff, friend.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Double-Cut-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=517344

High hand wins ignoring of course the fact that it's discontinued.

Hahaha wow. I've never even heard of that model before. I'm not a fan of Gibson at all (could you tell?) But if that was still continued, I might actually make an exception. Hahaha you win that point.