Basically I can choose one song or a medley of songs to showcase my ability. Its required that not only can you play it, but you have to feel it, so Guns N' Roses, to punk pop and instrumental music is what I'll be sticking to.

My set list so far.
Welcome to the Jungle (Intro → Verse → First Solo → Outro)
E5
Cliffs of Dover Intro

I have about 4-5 minutes to show what I have.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Bah. For one, I hate anyone playing "intros" to songs, no matter. And also, there is a thread for this. Just follow the path that Mr. Searchbar will make for you.
EDIT: And this is the electric guitar forum.
Listen to my songs on my profile pretty please

Quote by SamhainGrim
I wish a had a vagina to go with my penis...:[
tell them if there serious about finding the right player they should give more then 5 minutes for each audition
Quote by Guitar2theface
but you have to feel it,

Pull your head backwards after strumming every single note.
Just play a mixture of the songs you enjoy playing the most, those will be the songs you play with most passion, and the greater familiarity you have with your favourite songs will allow you a bit more freedom for expression. Honestly, the best advice I can give is choose your favourite pieces right now, spend a bit of time constructing a medley that flows well, then get good playing it.

Good luck my friend!
Quote by Nemm
Pull your head backwards after strumming every single note.

Do some HUGE, slow bends too, while youre at it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
If you're doing the Cliffs of Dover intro, do the one he played at Austin City Limits in '88, or do the intro to Zap!

For songs, try to figure out Andy Timmon's Beatle's Medly (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Strawberry Fields Forever contain in it).

Or just improvise/make your own song in the required time limit. You can show more of what you can do through improvisation, than playing other people's songs.
Hold on, what are you auditioning for? We would get a lot better idea of how you need to prepare if we knew wether you were auditioning for a band, college, etc.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I'm auditioning for a concert that'll assign me to songs based on my performance (if I get in that is).
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt