So im looking at getting a new guitar and the Fender Standard Tele really caught my eye. Ive heard their pretty good for rock, but i also heard they have a really bad hard rock tone. my friend just played a show and they played Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue and he used his tele, but his tone sounded fine with a lot of distortion, and it was going through a wireless system to his amp. so if you have any thoughts on Teles for rock/hard rock please tell me!
Party like a rockstar
Thats how I became how I am today. Lolol.
sk8ing takes 10% dedication 30%heart
10%practice and 50%blood loss
O o
/¯/_______________________
| IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZA!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Quote by Aceof$pades
So im looking at getting a new guitar and the Fender Standard Tele really caught my eye. Ive heard their pretty good for rock, but i also heard they have a really bad hard rock tone. my friend just played a show and they played Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue and he used his tele, but his tone sounded fine with a lot of distortion, and it was going through a wireless system to his amp. so if you have any thoughts on Teles for rock/hard rock please tell me!

you are not going to get br00talz with it, but a good classic rock tone is well within the reach of the tele stock. I know because I has one.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
a little 59 in the bridge of a tele and a hot single coil in the neck will be great all around
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by jeffc313
you are not going to get br00talz with it, but a good classic rock tone is well within the reach of the tele stock. I know because I has one.

John 5 would like to see you in his office.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
John 5 would like to see you in his office.

haha I know...Jim Root was the first one I thought of...They're fine for metal with the right pickup
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by jeffc313

Actually even with a single coil you can make a tele sound really heavy. Bareknuckle makes some hot single coils that sound intense. YouTube it. It's pretty sick. Tele is a good all around guitar.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Despite common opinions, teles are very versatile guitars.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0