I want to be able to pre record guitar swells in every key, and then use them in a live setting to be played under the clean melody parts. What would be the best pedal for this?
thanks
Digitech JamMan Looper. It has 99 slots to save pre-made loops into.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

not to sound like a smart ass or anything, but do you have two guitarists? if you did i'd definitely suggest having one do the swells instead of a recording...in my experience with live settings, sometimes tempos change a lil bit and then get back on track, sometimes they don't, and if you've got a recording and that happens...well...then you have a lil bit of a tracking problem and a mess.

i think it'd be easier to pre-record clean melody parts than the other way around, but that's my two cents!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
yea i see the concerns you guys have brought up. Is there a decently price effect pedal that might also create this type of thing on the fly. Its not a huge part of my bands sound so i dont want to invest too much, but it would be nice to have a bit more "atmosphere" in the clean parts.

thanks
Quote by slash_rocks2005
not to sound like a smart ass or anything, but do you have two guitarists? if you did i'd definitely suggest having one do the swells instead of a recording...in my experience with live settings, sometimes tempos change a lil bit and then get back on track, sometimes they don't, and if you've got a recording and that happens...well...then you have a lil bit of a tracking problem and a mess.

i think it'd be easier to pre-record clean melody parts than the other way around, but that's my two cents!!

This.

Our band often races through songs, and we don't realize it until we listen to the recordings afterwards.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by xkmattx
yea i see the concerns you guys have brought up. Is there a decently price effect pedal that might also create this type of thing on the fly. Its not a huge part of my bands sound so i dont want to invest too much, but it would be nice to have a bit more "atmosphere" in the clean parts.

thanks

If you want more atmosphere, then try a delay pedal to open the sound up a bit.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
you never mentioned if you had a second guitarist? if not maybe it's a song that your bass player could pick up a spare guitar and do without bass for the song?

i would say the best way to go IF you REALLY want more atmosphere is having someone switch from bass to a second guitar (assuming you're the only guitarist?) or keyboards
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'd just use a volume pedal.

IMHO, that's what they're for!
There's also a pedal called a Boss Slow Gear, now discontinued, that does this, but it's not perfect. (in fact, IIRC, it barely works at all when fed by a high gain/distorted signal).

Look into the (byoc, I think...) lazy sprocket, it's a copy since the Boss pedals are tough to find cheap.
Crossfade/Fade in. Its a tool in most, if not all, recording programs.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by warplanegrey
Crossfade/Fade in. Its a tool in most, if not all, recording programs.
Which would be perfect if he weren't trying to do this live.

I'd invest in a volume pedal if I were you. That or just live without it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
If live use a volume pedal
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack