If i were to get a hybrid amp or a tube amp would it sound if i used an overdrive pedal like the bad monkey together with my other distortion pedal. I play heavy so i thought an overdrive could give you good tone with a hybrid amp or tube amp. Is this a good idea.
;} KsE
If you get a hybrid amp like the Peavey Vypyr, or Vox Valvetronix, you shouldn't need a distortion pedal. They'll have more than enough gain on tap. In fact, you generally shouldn't run distortion pedals into modelling amps (generally).

As for tube amps, and overdrive pedal is used to push the signal from your guitar harder into your amp and giving you a more distorted sound.

Your post doesn't make alot of sense though...
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
A lot of people use overdrive pedals in front of the amp for a "boost" for leads and stuff. Personally I don't do this I just use the distortion on the amp. But it's really up to you what sounds good.
Quote by Inbleach
A lot of people use overdrive pedals in front of the amp for a "boost" for leads and stuff. Personally I don't do this I just use the distortion on the amp. But it's really up to you what sounds good.

If I had a dual rec, I'd use amp distortion too!
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Firstly, as previously mentioned, a hybrid should have more than enough gain for you.
Secondly, as previously mentioned, DS / OD pedals and modeling amps don't mix at all.
Thirdly, If you're planning what I think you're planning, don't. An OD pedal and a DS pedal will just give you feedback. Lots, and lots, of feedback. Smile real wide and breathe out as hard as you can. That's what it'll sound like when you're not playing anything. Plus, hybrids have their own built-in distortion. Throw that in the mix and it gets real ugly. Scratch your fingernails down the nearest wall. Drag your shoes over carpet while holding the 5 key on a phone, that's what it'll sound like when you're not playing anything.

There is such a thing as too much distortion. It does exist. You've found the combination for it. Either go hybrid or tube, and use the amp distortion. If that's not enough, throw in an OD pedal. If you want to go cheaper, go for a high wattage solid state amp and set it on its' clean channel, and throw in a distortion pedal.

Those are about the only three routes that won't sound like a beehive swarming your house.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by soul.power
If I had a dual rec, I'd use amp distortion too!

It sounds sweet dude. I can't imagine a Triple Rec. I don't turn the gain up past 1 o clock and the volume for bedroom levels is like 8 o clock. It's almost sickening how much gain and volume the thing has....but I love it