Page 1 of 2
So at metal gigs people generally mosh and do crazy shit, progressive rock people just stand and listen, pop/funk/soul etc a lot more dancing, classical/jazz people sit and listen in silence.

what do you prefer to do at gigs and what crowds do you like/dislike? i dont really like prog rock gigs a lot people dont even move slightly or move their heads, metal gigs are a pain in the arse esp since you cant even crowd surf so much now,pop gigs are full of twats knocking your beer over and chatting all the time and classical/jazz is good for what it is.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Dec 10, 2009,
i prefer the metal crowd that doesn't include 12 year olds and hardcore dancers

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Metal gigs, where people mosh and headbang. Especially when you're playing, it's awesome to see a whole crowd moving to your beat.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I watch, listen. Maybe move my head a bit. Which is a stark contrast to everybody else around here.
Quote by sticksause
Legally adult girls that dance topless

There you go.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Last edited by KrlzGmz at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by sticksause
the teenage girls that dance topless

teenage girls that dance topless arent a gig, unless they have a full range 3k PA system shoved up their holes.
I like the metal moshing crowd, except for the cool kids who flail their arms and call it dancing. Moshing is fun but not with like spinning jump kicks.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
So at metal gigs people generally mosh and do crazy shit, progressive rock people just stand and listen, pop/funk/soul etc a lot more dancing, classical/jazz people sit and listen in silence.

what do you prefer to do at gigs and what crowds do you like/dislike

My ass!

At the Rush gig I went to a couple years ago, everyone was going fucking crazy all the time.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
ones with a mosh but also an area to stand (still with good view) and listen.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by IronNecrosis
teenage girls that dance topless arent a gig, unless they have a full range 3k PA system shoved up their holes.

You had to crush the dream. Didn't you?
Quote by deucedeucemr2

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
I like being in a crowd where I can mosh when I want to
but I can also stand and just listen without getting pushed around when I want as well.
Luckily for me moshing isn't really a big thing here.

I like playing to a crowd where everyone is moving, not necessarily moshing though.
I like to dance man! Moshing is alright too, but dancing is far superior.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Quote by Primus2112
My ass!

At the Rush gig I went to a couple years ago, everyone was going fucking crazy all the time.

thats because they have so many cocksucking canadian fanboys who have nothing else in their country to be proud of except an overrated prog rock band (shit singer average drummer hardly any decent songs)

i went to opeth, cynic, dream theater, zappa plays zappa, volto, porc tree and no one moved at any of them (except a 2 man moshpit in opeth that was drowned out by sighs of disapproval)
Moshing is fun at times but really as long as theres some going on in smallpockets its all good, but like at some show no one at all was moshing, it pissed me off so much. I'm not a huge mosher but I like it some times.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by speakers
ones with a mosh but also an area to stand (still with good view) and listen.

The best.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
thats because they have so many cocksucking canadian fanboys who have nothing else in their country to be proud of except an overrated prog rock band (shit singer average drummer hardly any decent songs)

i went to opeth, cynic, dream theater, zappa plays zappa, volto, porc tree and no one moved at any of them (except a 2 man moshpit in opeth that was drowned out by sighs of disapproval)

As a Canadian, I resent the implication we have nothing to be proud of! Devin Townshends bands, and Annihilator. And of course, Triumph was pretty damn good too.

And we have beaver tails and poutine, so **** you guys

On topic, personally I enjoy Metal Shows, and when I went to AC/DC, it had an amazing crowd. Not exactly Metal, but they weren't just sitting bobbing their heads...
The kind where the line between audience and performer is blurred, and there is an unmistakable energy coming from both. Sing along when you know the words, dance when you don't.

That's what one really looks for in a punk show, anyway.

I hate crowds in large venues.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

ಠ_ಠ

Sir, I now void any and all opinions you may voice.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
The classic rock/ 80's metal people who stand listen and sing every lyric.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by Minkaro
Moshing is moronic.

Just watch the fucking band.

You don't watch music, you listen to it.

Music is for dancing.

Aggressive music is for dancing aggressively.
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Quote by sticksause
the teenage girls that dance topless

my favorite part

edit: When did we get this?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Last edited by Bitches nBagels at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by Tubyboulin
As a Canadian, I resent the implication we have nothing to be proud of! Devin Townshends bands, and Annihilator. And of course, Triumph was pretty damn good too.

And we have beaver tails and poutine, so **** you guys

On topic, personally I enjoy Metal Shows, and when I went to AC/DC, it had an amazing crowd. Not exactly Metal, but they weren't just sitting bobbing their heads...

i dont know what those things are but they sound cool
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

what do you prefer to do at gigs and what crowds do you like/dislike? i dont really like prog rock gigs a lot people dont even move slightly or move their heads, metal gigs are a pain in the arse esp since you cant even crowd surf so much now,pop gigs are full of twats knocking your beer over and chatting all the time and classical/jazz is good for what it is.

lolnah
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Bitches nBagels
my favorite part

edit: When did we get this?!?!?!?!?!

It has always been there. *Evil laugh*
Quote by deucedeucemr2

Quote by kstar22bassist

Quote by Venice King
Indie kids who just stand there and think how "Electric Walnut Gorilla" is the only thing keeping them from killing themselves, because then they're all distracted and I can hit them with my genitalia and laugh maniacally.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
The crowds where there are tons of hippie girls in bikinis. I'm talking about the Sasquatch Festival.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
The crowds where there are tons of hippie girls in bikinis. I'm talking about the Sasquatch Festival.

I've found that most "hippy" girls either don't like to shower or don't like to shave their underarms.

Metals crowds are easially the best. I've seen a variety of shows besides metal and they were pretty boring. Lots of standing there during opening bands and then everyone person there tries to get to the front to see the headliner.
Quote by j_link13
I've found that most "hippy" girls either don't like to shower or don't like to shave their underarms.

Metals crowds are easially the best. I've seen a variety of shows besides metal and they were pretty boring. Lots of standing there during opening bands and then everyone person there tries to get to the front to see the headliner.

Oh, don't worry. It's those hippy girls that are all preppy too. If that makes any sense. Anyways, they were all really hot, and wearing bikinis.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Crowds that pay attention to the music instead of simply the raw energy of it. These crowds will sing along when they know the words, bob their heads to the rhythm, tap their feet, maybe dance a bit, or jump around a bit when the band rocks out, but they're there for the music, not the atmosphere.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I like the ones with dancing. the more the better. I saw Grace potter and the Nocturnals recently, and everybody was dancing. You could feel the old wooden floor of the venue pulsating.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Grateful Dead was the best crowd ever. it was more like a psychedelic pilgrimage than a rock concert.

overall though, i have to say underground hiphop. im a huge metal fan, and i love moshing, but one time my friend took me to this undeground hiphop show i knew nothing about, this was when i was only into metal and rock. suburban noize was the record label. all i have to say is it was the coolest crowd, its hard to describe the atmosphere, like a cross between love and some cult devoition. and it was trippy as ****. ive been to 2 hiphop shows since then, another suburban noize, and the other was tech n9ne. plus its more of a bouncing movement, and grinding, rather than moshing w/ sweaty dudes.

plus people are fuking dicks at metal concerts!
Page 1 of 2