Page 1 of 2
Got a big surprise today - an early birthday present. My mum was like "What are we gonna do about that guitar you want", and I said "I dunno". Then she just went "Let's go get it", and we did, and now I have it

The headstock was the first thing that drew me to this guitar.

Continued below...

Incase you can't see it, it says made in China. Meh, it still plays amazingly - no dead frets, awesome action which isn't too high or too low, as you hopefully see below

BTW, it's an Epiphone Sheraton II.
I love me some Sheraton action Congrats for a classy NGD.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
things beautiful, hngd!
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Nice man HNGD!
I wish my parents would go out guitar shopping with me spontaneously =P
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
New guitars are always the best guitars. So shiny a new.

It's puurrrtyy =)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Kurapica
I love me some Sheraton action Congrats for a classy NGD.

Cheers First thing I thought when I saw it was "Aww yeah B.B. King style" - black with gold hardware, noish.
VERY nice.

HNGD!
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
beautiful! congrats. man that thing looks good.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
God I'd make live to that thing.

Want! I actually I want it lol
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
gorgeous!! even if you didnt have those sick inlays, the black w/ gold hardware would be enough.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I have been looking for the 'perfect' first electric guitar for over a year and have never looked at this one. I think you may have helped me finally find 'the one'! I was reading the reviews on musiciansfriend and there is like 150 and almost all are 5 star reviews. That is encouraging. Can you tell me anything else about it? Is it as amazing as people said in reviews? Any downsides? Does it stay in tune? Oh, and what is the neck like. I have big hands so I like kind of a wide, fat neck. I played some PRS SE's and there necks felt really good to me. Is it anything like that type of neck? Thanks for any info, I appreciate it!
That is a very nice looking guitar!

HNGD!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I move that the pickguard come off. Do I have a second?
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Hnad
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Black body...bold. You better keep that nice and clean, or I'll come after you. Really nice looking guitar, man. HNGD!
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
I move that the pickguard come off. Do I have a second?

I'll see what happens. I actually like the tortoise look of the pickguard, and I'm a bit of a heavy strummer as far as things go (the strings that came stock are pretty flimsy, I'll have to be putting some .11s or something on it), so I'd prefer that the pickguard get damaged rather than the actual body. But I'll give it a bit of a trial and see how I feel about it.

edit:
Quote by cranium2001
I love the headstock and the logo the most. Nice.

Ditto
Last edited by kenan6346 at Dec 11, 2009,
For your viewing pleasure:

As you can see, I took the pickguard off - I'll give it a shot without. I also tried to give the hardware a bit of a clean (it was a floor model, but that's what you get when you get $400 off the RRP straight up), with little luck. Ah well, all I used was a hanky and my breath, there are plenty of other options.

There's that inconspicuous wire going right across there. It doesn't really matter as far as things go, but I'm a bit OCD like that ya know?

Anyone know where to get long shoulder straps from? I've tried it with the strap that I use for my strat (it was the strap that came with my first guitar, so it ain't all that good anyway), and the guitar looked massively high up on the longest length that the strap can be. One thing I've found with this guitar is that it seems to be a lot easier to play standing up compared to my strat - I dunno why, I'm just finding it easier to pick and the short scale makes that extra difference in that I don't need to move my hand as much. I also reckon it would look awesome slung reasonably low.

edit: another thing: the headstock is huge. It's actually one of my favourite parts of the guitar because of the inlay on it, but it's massive and there's a bit of top-heaviness. It shouldn't be an issue when you're actually playing while standing up, but once you take your hands off the guitar it does a nose-dive.

Also, the f-holes just look awesome, but that stuff about it increasing feedback is certainly true - doesn't really matter, I love controlled feedback, I just hope it would be able to hold up in a performance situation.
Last edited by kenan6346 at Dec 11, 2009,
A nice guitar like that deserves a nice strap. A fat leather Fender of Levy strap would do the trick
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Well, the gold plating on the pups sure is thin...the places that my hands come into contact with the bridge pickup (the top of it where I put my hand for palm muting, and the bottom where my pinky and ring finger sometimes anchor) are basically silver.

I've heard that these are pretty generic pickups, and that I could probably do better: I've gotta say that they're not as hot as I'm used to - which may just be because it's a jazz guitar - and they generally sound pretty dull compared to the Dimarzio on my strat. Any suggestions for some new pups? I'd like to keep the neck pretty mellow so I can use this guitar for what it's intended for, which is basically jazz, but I'd like a hotter bridge pickup that can handle a bit of crunch; not full-blown scooped-mids metal, which I probably could totally do, but I wouldn't've gotten this guitar then right? - basically a pickup suited to a modern rock sound, something like Foo Fighters (top-of-the-head example).

Cheers.
hngd bud, just got me akorean dot recently. gotta love hollowbodies.. have fun with it!
DID u turn 21 or something ... What an awesome birthday present ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

That is one of the nicest guitars I have seen in ages. I'm very tempted to buy one. HNGD
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by Tatsumaru
DID u turn 21 or something ... What an awesome birthday present ...

18. 21 means nothing in Australia

Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
That is one of the nicest guitars I have seen in ages. I'm very tempted to buy one. HNGD

It makes me proud to say that I'm an Epiphone user to say the least.
Awesome!

I hate the headstock inlay though.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Hngd!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Nice - i daresay i prefer it once the gold hardware has tarnished like my sheraton.

but you've just reminded me that mine really needs a setup... it's a '98 sheraton made in korea. it's excellent, but i really gotta sort out the fret buzz on the lower frets (probably a truss rod adjustment required) and dodgy intonation.

anyway, HNGD
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Page 1 of 2