I've been playing idk, a year electric guitars already.
I started out with a Squeir , then an Epiphone SG. I can play pretty decently Metalica solos, some Megadeth, rock solos like Led Zeps.

Tonight I played an Ibanez RG, and all I could say was F.UCK MAN! WHAT THE F.UCK DID I PLAY THIS LAST DAMN YEAR!
That RG enlightened meh: neither Squier or Epiphone, I need some "shred guitar."

So, tell me, which ones are good? Thin necks, nice pickups and good feel?
As thread's title says, I have laid my eyes on these:

EDIT:KV10*

Dean VX

And, for Ibanez, I have no idea of what model to choose.
Last edited by Fiire at Dec 11, 2009,
Jackson>Ibanez>Dean

I love Jacksons, Ibanez is pretty good but do your self a favor and don't get a dean
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by DCarney9116
Jackson>Ibanez>Dean

I love Jacksons, Ibanez is pretty good but do your self a favor and don't get a dean

+1. I love Jacksons. I'm not a big fan of Ibanez but alot of people like them so maybe it's just me
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Hmm I like Ibanezes better than Jacksons, but yeah stay away from Dean.

What's your budget?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Eh Im not to big of an Ibby fan either, but I can't stand deans
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by Guitar2theface
Hmm I like Ibanezes better than Jacksons, but yeah stay away from Dean.

What's your budget?

Christmas is coming, I'm selling a guitar, etc…
It can be almost high. $650
You'll never get a USA Jackson for $650 unless you score a great deal on a used one.

If you're into shredding guitars, check out old Ibanez RG550/560/570/760/770.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
+1 for the 500+ series Ibanez suggestion
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by no.mop
You'll never get a USA Jackson for $650 unless you score a great deal on a used one.

If you're into shredding guitars, check out old Ibanez RG550/560/570/760/770.

Then how much? Also consider I live in Mexico, I don't know if they ship certain models.
I've found that all 3 brands offer good guitars, but if you had a limited budget, Ibanez all the way. Their lower and mid range guitars slay the low/midrange guitars of Dean and Jackson. However i do love the Dean Vendetta 4.0 F model. Good floyd and finish with 24 frets. Deans factory pups are prettygood too.
Quote by KillingMachine
+1. I love Jacksons. I'm not a big fan of Ibanez but alot of people like them so maybe it's just me

+1 to the jackson.....im not a big ibanez fan either......in fact I hate them. But what ever...
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Come on, this time without fixing on the price (try not to go too high, like $1200 ) sugget some -models-.
Ibanez RG and it's various forms. If you played one and loved it that much, I don't know why you are considering other brands.Basically, the higher the first number, the higher quality the guitar, (500 is a step up from 400, etc). I have a 400 series and it is great. If you want to spend $1000 or so you can look into the Prestige line which are made in Japan and offer better playability and usually better tremelos/pickups/hardware.
Quote by potatohead_33
Ibanez RG and it's various forms. If you played one and loved it that much, I don't know why you are considering other brands.Basically, the higher the first number, the higher quality the guitar, (500 is a step up from 400, etc). I have a 400 series and it is great. If you want to spend $1000 or so you can look into the Prestige line which are made in Japan and offer better playability and usually better tremelos/pickups/hardware.

Cause I haven't tried the other brands, maybe I'll love em even better.
How about ESP?
Anyone has tried one? For fast accurate?
Ibanez>Jackson>everything else before>Dean

Anyways, you played an Ibanez and loved it. So get an Ibanez?

"I absolutely loved the feel of the Ibanez so I'm going to go out and buy myself a Jackson!"

$650? Do you need a guitar with a trem? If no then get an Ibanez RG321MH or an RG2EX1 along with some new pickups and stuff. My RG2EX1 is a fantastic sounding guitar that I find very easy to play for long periods of time.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Let's face it, ibanez is far superior bang for buck than Jackson and dean.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
Dean, yes. Jackson? I dunno there.

I love me a good Ibanez, but the good ones are expensive and the less-expensive ones are fitted with Edge IIIs. Now I know the Edge III isn't as bad as it's made out to be, I should know; I owned an RG350DX for a year and it was stellar, but compared to the LFR's that Jackson uses, c'mon. The Jackson bridges are better. I've picked up heavily abused 10 year old Jacksons, with LFRs, that still held tune like new. I've also picked up 2 year old Ibanez guitars and been frustrated to find that even the pressure of a palm-mute on the bridge was enough to bring the guitar out of tune.

If it's a fixed-bridge guitar though, Ibanez all the way.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Dean, yes. Jackson? I dunno there.

I love me a good Ibanez, but the good ones are expensive and the less-expensive ones are fitted with Edge IIIs. Now I know the Edge III isn't as bad as it's made out to be, I should know; I owned an RG350DX for a year and it was stellar, but compared to the LFR's that Jackson uses, c'mon. The Jackson bridges are better. I've picked up heavily abused 10 year old Jacksons, with LFRs, that still held tune like new. I've also picked up 2 year old Ibanez guitars and been frustrated to find that even the pressure of a palm-mute on the bridge was enough to bring the guitar out of tune.

If it's a fixed-bridge guitar though, Ibanez all the way.

This is true. The edge feels great at first but then...... Ugh
But I hate the tune o matic position in Jacksons. String thru, ibanez wins
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver

I wouldn't say that at all. This JAckson soloist is better than lower end Ibanez prestiges and it's cheaper too:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-SLSMG-Super-Lightweight-Soloist-Electric-Guitar-868335-i1445402.gc

Ibanez better bang for the bucks? Hell no.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Fiire

Jackson KV2

Dean VX

And, for Ibanez, I have no idea of what model to choose.

Christ, you got a bottom of the range Dean and a top of the range Jackson....

I dislike Jacksons, but hey people like them. Although, Jacksons have really wide necks, while Ibanez and Dean have midway...