Alright UG help me out here,

I went to a Baroness concert a week ago (it was great but that doesn't matter) and in between songs the guitarist would play something and then use this pedal to speed it up or something until it was like a whirring sound.
Seems to me like it was a loop pedal that had a playback speed dial or something, but i have never seen that before.

Anyone know what this is? Thanks.
I don't know what Baroness is, but it sounds like you you might be describing someone turning the time knob on a delay pedal.