Poll: What should i do with it??
Poll Options
View poll results: What should i do with it??
entire overhaul
3 75%
Keep as is
1 25%
scrap it
0 0%
Voters: 4.
hey guys, i started messing around with this riff today and i cant think of a lead part at all and its killing me. Especially for the first 8 bars of intro. If anyone here can offer some advice that would be super cool of them. I wish i could pin a genre on it, i cant really though. Metalcore at best but its hard to say.
Attachments:
10122009 new.gp5
I'd say metalcore too, depends on vocals. It's definitely *-core though.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by Balmazer
I'd say metalcore too, depends on vocals. It's definitely *-core though.

yeah i wasn't even really going for a metal core idea, it just started with drums and kinda just happened, not sure what to do with it though, i quite like it but its missing something, thats for sure
Quote by Gun Delirious
It sounds good, but it needs work, for sure.

Yeah, i'm working out something right now with it, should help alot, plus the time change from 4/4 to 2/4 is a little unnecessary, just helped me put my ideas down as fast as possible.

Needs polish for sure though
Quote by xHellbound
I got bored. Lol. >.>

Thats actually pretty badass, im going to make a few edits of what you did and post it back on here if thats cool with you? I like what you did actually, much better lead than i could think of :P
Thanks !
Just a few tweeks and part of the lead track didnt line up with yours, possibly a problem with copy and paste but i fixed it and changed one barre of the lead part, ill use the parts of the solo you put in later on possibly?
I really like the lead you did, let me know what you think of it now?
Attachments:
hellbound.gp5
That hellbound edit is pretty cool. I like it better with the those high riffs in there to contrast the wierd pedal chord bit. You should leave the solo for later after a developed middle section i think. Get a steady pace going for some stability and then your offbeat pedal ideas will be way more effective
Quote by conroy91
Just a few tweeks and part of the lead track didnt line up with yours, possibly a problem with copy and paste but i fixed it and changed one barre of the lead part, ill use the parts of the solo you put in later on possibly?
I really like the lead you did, let me know what you think of it now?

I think Guitar Pro screws up sometimes from computer to computer, because your edit and my edit look the same on my computer, lol.

Anyways, go for it, use whatever you want. I was going for a Dethklok/Disturbed thing with the rhythm chords and lead parts over it. And for the little solo, I just followed the rhythm and tossed in little licks that I thought sounded good.