I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm considering taking steroids to get bigger quickly. Can anybody give me some information about the pros and cons of steroids? I know I could look on Wikipedia but I'd like to hear it from real people. Is short term use really that bad? I'm not planning on using them for years and years.

Are steroids as bad as they say, or like weed, are they exagerated by the media?

Any help is appreciated.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Don't do it man, it is a gateway drug and you'll get addicted in no time. Next thing you know, you are running over orphans when you are doing meth.
Pros:
You'll get jacked

Cons:
You're balls will shrink
You'll get acne
You'll become violent and emotionally unstable
They'll mess with your body's natural production of hormones
As a result of your physical defects and violent attitude, girls will find you repulsive.
Dude if your profile is right you're 16.
I seriously doubt you're done growing anyway, so there's really no point.

Steroids are
A: For lazy people who want quick results
B: People who have essentially reached their muscle mass limit
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Getting bigger quickly also = dying sooner. The effects are permanent.
Btdt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Only one answer, Yes, they are as bad as the media says they are, they cause your package to get smaller, cause your forehead to prutrude, make you mad as hell all the time, and cause really bad heart problems even with short term use.

Just go to the gym and do free weights, like bench press and incline press, I did that for a year in foot ball and increased my max lifting weight by 80 lb. In 8th grade I went from maxing out at 105 lb to maxing out at 185 lb, just lifting free weights.
i definetely wouldnt touch them, but its your life
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Steroids are awesome actually, I had abnormally large balls that were uncomfortable when I would walk or sit down, so the doctor put me on them. It helped shrink them a ton and at the same time it made my penis a bit longer and super skinny, its really stealth looking now.
**** no.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
I wouldn't do it. They guys who do it are already nearly the best of what they do. And it's not like steroids make you bigger, you still have to work you ass of to see result.

And since your on this website, I'm assuming you are not a pro athlete, have no chance of being a pro athlete, and a probably quite young.
Quote by maidenfan15
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm considering taking steroids to get bigger quickly. Can anybody give me some information about the pros and cons of steroids? I know I could look on Wikipedia but I'd like to hear it from real people. Is short term use really that bad? I'm not planning on using them for years and years.

Are steroids as bad as they say, or like weed, are they exagerated by the media?

Any help is appreciated.

Meaning it's a retarded idea. The Pit generally isn't a bunch of mindless flamers (...). If you think you're gonna get flamed, why on earth do you bother posting? It's like being at an ACLU meeting yelling racial slurs. Bad plan.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I used to be pretty heavy into power lifting, while doing so I got to know a fair number of guys that were into body building and thus a handful of people who openly took steroids.

I personally think the negative effects are exaggerated, I also think they are still a lot more detrimental to the user than weed, so that comparison is a bad one. The danger can be over-hyped without it being a good idea to take them.

Out of this handful, maybe five people, I knew two that were extremely moody, like to the point of affecting their day to day lives. And I knew one kid who was nearly bald at 18 despite no family history of baldness. There are real direct consequences and some of them come on very quickly, it's not like smoking where you have to worry about getting cancer in a few decades.

I won't lecture you about health risks because you can hear that anywhere and hopefully people in this thread will give you sound advice in that regard., I'll say this instead: take a nice objective look to see if steroids would do you any good in the first place.

Most of the guys I knew took them because they couldn't naturally bulk up, the other guys took them because they had some perverse, distorted idea about what the male body should look like, and they were disgusting for it. I could build muscle more easily than the first group without doing more than 40 minutes a day, five days a week, I have friends who are in that same boat. We'd have no good reason to take steroids in the first place.

Bulking up "Fast" as you say is never a good reason for taking roids even if you think (and I don't) that taking them can be a good idea. Dedicate yourself to a consistent building program that has been proven effective and see if it works well for you over a period of 3-6 months. You'll probably get the results you want, if you find you absolutely can't gain body mass, then you can reconsider using roids (again, I don't actually recommend that ). If it does work for you and you think you need to get even bigger, have someone slap you in the face until you realize how gross that is.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
Meaning it's a retarded idea. The Pit generally isn't a bunch of mindless flamers (...). If you think you're gonna get flamed, why on earth do you bother posting? It's like being at an ACLU meeting yelling racial slurs. Bad plan.

I go to PETA meeting with a bucket of KFC. What's your point.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
DON'T take steriods, do everything naturally. If you want to build muscle buy some whey protein and use that. You could use creatine, although i personally also consider that cheating, but steroids are one of the last things you want in your system, especially at your age.
I thought steroids affected the penis, not the balls...
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
You're at a pretty critical point with regards to development, the last thing you need is to have steroids in your system.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
I used to be pretty heavy into power lifting

Quote by dullsilver_mike
pretty heavy into power lifting

lolpun I couldn't help it haha

Anyway I think that even creatine is a bad idea, as unless you keep using it constantly, the water in your muscles will recede, and you'll just have the muscle gain from the lifting while on creatine instead of the gain provided from the creatine.

I may be mistaken though as that's just what I've seen from 2 kids I know who took it during senior year.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by daytripper75

Quote by witchhammer
DON'T take steriods, do everything naturally. If you want to build muscle buy some whey protein and use that. You could use creatine, although i personally also consider that cheating, but steroids are one of the last things you want in your system, especially at your age.

Well, I just started working out but the reason I was considering steroids was because I'm not seeing any results. I have whey protein and I drink it after I workout, so I guess I'll stick with that.

But thanks for the answers guys. I guess I'll just keep building muscle naturally.

And can anybody explain to me what this creatine is? My friend was talking about it and I'm wondering if that might be an alternative or if that's also really bad for you.

Quote by maidenfan15
...alternative or if that's also really bad for you.

Lol. It's not like the pit hates everything. We're just trying to protect you.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by KrlzGmz
Lol. It's not like the pit hates everything. We're just trying to protect you.

I know but I've heard some people say that creatine is fine and I've heard some say it's bad. I'm just trying to get the pit's opinion on it.

Last edited by maidenfan15 at Dec 10, 2009,
Quote by maidenfan15
Well, I just started working out but the reason I was considering steroids was because I'm not seeing any results. I have whey protein and I drink it after I workout, so I guess I'll stick with that.

But thanks for the answers guys. I guess I'll just keep building muscle naturally.

And can anybody explain to me what this creatine is? My friend was talking about it and I'm wondering if that might be an alternative or if that's also really bad for you.

Your not going to see any results for a while, it takes time for the body to get used to working, and once your body has built up enough endurence to handle what you normally work out with then you can step it up and do more, thus createing the need for your body to make more muscle so it can keep up with more daily work easier. Takes months to years to see any real good results, but you will notice that your going to loose more fat than you gain muscle the first few months.
im 14 and my doctor prescribed me steroids due to very severe lung conditions and right now im on 40 mg a day and i hate being on this stuff. im always craving food, i can tell im moody, it gave me acne and backne, i screws up ur sleep, my hairs is thinner, and it makes my face all puffy and bloated fatt looking and i only weigh 105 and im 5'6"
i dont work out or any sort of body building but i just hate being on steroids they suck just build muscle the right way, get suplements and eat right if u want to boost your results
Quote by Jackal58
I go to PETA meeting with a bucket of KFC. What's your point.

On topic: just start consuming more calories and go burn them off at the gym with free weights. That worked for me when I was really strong (I haven't worked out in over a year )
Quote by ethan_hanus
Your not going to see any results for a while, it takes time for the body to get used to working, and once your body has built up enough endurence to handle what you normally work out with then you can step it up and do more, thus createing the need for your body to make more muscle so it can keep up with more daily work easier. Takes months to years to see any real good results, but you will notice that your going to loose more fat than you gain muscle the first few months.

The plus side is that once you've done it, for whatever reason, you can begin building muscle again very easily. I've gone through several periods of inactivity and atrophy, when I start lifting again I've always had a very visible difference in muscle mass within 6 weeks.

I think after about two months, people starting from scratch usually improve their body mass and lifting ability by leaps and bounds for about 6 months before the level out again. Of course everyone's body is different, but that's the average I've observed over the years.

As a complete side note, TS should realize that bulking up even in the supposed "healthy" ways doesn't really lead to a healthy body. Huge muscular guys have a lot more stress and wear on their bodies than small, toned guys. Getting big just isn't healthy IMO.
what is ur profession?

it better not be working at T-mobile. theres no point being huge and answering phones u crush in ur hand. "hello" "boss i crushed another phone!".

saw sumthin like that on comedy central once.
How long have you been lifting TS?

When I first started it took 2 months before there was any noticeable results. I would go up in weight a lot before that but it took 2 months to see any visible difference in my muscles.

Also if you're thinking you'll pack on muscle weight kick that idea out of your head. Since march i've put on probably 5 pounds of muscle. Which is around average for that timeframe (5-10 lbs if I'm not mistaken). Doesn't help that I'm skinny though haha 6'6" 185 lbs
Quote by Kensai

Quote by daytripper75

Quote by maidenfan15

creatine is safe when used short term and in the correct dosage. Long term effects can include kidney damage if used in higher dosages. its just a supplement, and isn't gonna magically make your muscles grow.

if you're already lifting stick with that and then my advice is to change your diet. Eat six meals a day (one every three hours or so). 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. protein at every meal. Get your servings of veggies and fruits, take a multivitamin. drink a lot of water throughout the day

i've put on twenty pounds in four months. no steroids, just lifting, supplements, and a good diet and 8 hours of sleep a night. just do some research
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/mclane21.htm

Ok so not all steroids, but steroids is a "gateway drug" or so they say.

Steroids=Gay Prostitute

Therefore, if TS+steroids

Then

TS=GAY PROSTITUTE

So do you want some now?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.