Page 1 of 4
I have the chance of going to one saturday. A friend invited me (he was invited by some guy he knows). I'm agnostic but I'm kind of creeped out lol. Part of me wants to go just out of curiosity, but I don't know what to expect.

Any of you guys have any experience with the occult?

EDIT: I don't know if the ritual is satanic, but it has something to do with the ocult.

EDIT2: lol i forgot about this thread. I went but it was a load of BS. I did not participate (i refused to drink out of a cup) but i did spectate.

The first thing i did is meet some of the people (about 9 or 10 of them). There was this one cute chick. i thought she was going to take off her top sometime during the night, but i was greatly disappointed. This guy (i assume he was the leader because he had a cool hat with horns) drew a big pentagram on the floor with some white powder, he then placed a bowl in the middle and lit it on fire. he started saying some stuff and everyone started dancing around the pentagram. the dance was they looked like kids "dancing" at a slayer concert. You know, waving their arms all over the place. i nearly started loling while dancing around the pentagram. i kept on bumping into my friend who was dancing in front of me. After the long and funny dance (i could tell that some of the other people wanted to laugh too), we sat around the pentagram and the high priest(?) started passing around a cup with a black liquid that smelled kind of funny. me and my friend refused to drink it and were asked to sit out for the remainder of the night. i stayed there and watched from outside the evil circle. the priest pulled out a book from his man-purse and started reading passages. the passages sounded really stupid and corny. the book was passed around the pentagram and everyone got to read a short verse. i specifically remember this one: "he is not evil and if he is not evil, then there will be no one to be evil ". that's it. a load of bs. after the thing was over, this guy invited us again but only if we drink from the cup next time. i doubt these were real occultists. it all seemed like a stupid role playing game.

i'm still hoping that i'll be able to attend a real one someday.

EDIT3: i forgot to mention: these guys were all pretty cool. they weren't crazy, just kind of nerdy. one had a jesus beard.
Last edited by sticksause at Dec 14, 2009,
**** that.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Tubyboulin
Well...Which kind of Satanists are they? Levayan, or The Batshit ones?

I'd avoid it if it's the second.

I highly doubt that they are the levayan kind. Aren't they a highly organized group?
OK... occult and satanic are two VERY different things.
Satanism is actively against God - "Satan" is derived from the Hebrew or Aramaic word "Shaitan" meaning Enemy - while occult can be used as a blanket term for any system of belief not accepted by the world at large (i.e. not one of the Abrahamic religions or buddhism/sikhism/hinduism)
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Satanism is actively against God - "Satan" is derived from the Hebrew or Aramaic word "Shaitan" meaning Enemy - while occult can be used as a blanket term for any system of belief not accepted by the world at large (i.e. not one of the Abrahamic religions or buddhism/sikhism/hinduism)

my bad then. all i know is that there is going to be some weird S***
I've invaded a few Central American countries. Does that count?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
put it this way...how fond are you of your heart?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by sticksause
I highly doubt that they are the levayan kind. Aren't they a highly organized group?

Not really on a National level. As far as I know, aside from Membership in the church officially, it's mostly organized on a community-to-community basis (or rough area)

I could be slightly off though, as i'm not old enough to be a member and therefore haven't really looked to much into their goings ons.
i don't like laveyan. its narcissistic atheism IMO. if you're going to say that you're a satanist, at least worship satan. it seems like they use satan as a shock kind of thing.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Quote by dm1925
i don't like laveyan. its narcissistic atheism IMO. if you're going to say that you're a satanist, at least worship satan. it seems like they use satan as a shock kind of thing.

I don't think anyone asked you what you thought of Laveyans.
give it a try, who knows maybe you'll like drinking dog blood and dancing in circles around a fire
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Are you a virgin? If so, it would be wise not to admit that fact to them.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Give it a try man. Could be once in a life time thing. Be stupid while your young too.

Just don't freak out and faint, They may do something to you....
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
I have seen some weird threads during my time here, but this one is by far the strangest. Then again I mostly look at GG&A, so...
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I just looked into Levayan satanism and it seems pretty cool. it turns out that they use satan as a symbol that represents men.
Everyone here really needs to stop commenting on things they do not know about. First of all Stanists do not worship the devil, most don't even believe in a god and a devil. They believe that god is an idea created by man, you are your own god. Satanism in short is basically all about doing what is best for yourself, and not caring about others. I suggest reading The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey, it is a great read even if you don't want to convert to the religion. For the record I am not a satanist.
Quote by sticksause
I just looked into Levayan satanism and it seems pretty cool. it turns out that they use satan as a symbol that represents men.

Yep. Their rituals are pretty much just theatrics for getting emotions out, so if it's LaVeyans that are holding the ritual you have the chance to go to, then I say go for it. Would be pretty interesting, and possibly fun.

But, I say again, if these are the "real" satanists, don't go.

EDIT: ^ To the guy above me, There are stereotypical Red Pointed Demon Worshiping satanists out there (Theistic Satanists). Most people on this site refer to each by the full name, rather than a blanket term of Satanist, but still. Not all satanists are the Symbolic LaVeyan kind.
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Dec 10, 2009,
Dude why wouldnt you go! seriously such a great unique experience you can say youve done....anyways if you feel threatened wich they wont hurt you just run away. I do fake ones sometimes because its fun
------------------------------------------------------------------------
your insane, but reasonable
ah crap, it turns out that laveyan satanists do not not allow non-members at their rituals so now i'm assuming that these are "real" satanists or some other cult.

btw, i'm finding this whole LaVeyan satanism really interesting
Last edited by sticksause at Dec 10, 2009,
just out of curiosity, Tubyboulin, are you into laveyan satanism? You seem quite educated on the subject.
Quote by FrustratedRocka

This is incorrect. You defined a cult in this. A cult is a blanket term. The Occult is satanism.
Go. It'll be interesting, and it's not like anything actually bad is going to happen. There'll just be some slightly uncommon superstitious bollocks.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Beakwithteeth
This is incorrect. You defined a cult in this. A cult is a blanket term. The Occult is satanism.

not true, neopaganism could be considered occult, and thats not satanic.

also, TS, dont go. unless you love dungeons and dragons
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Last edited by lateraluspiral at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by St. Angry
youre right. i just checked the dvd i have agian and it is in D standard. i dont think Metallica has ever done a song in drop D, or drop C for that matter.

^Check his username again
Quote by Tubyboulin
Well...Which kind of Satanists are they? Levayan, or The Batshit ones?

I'd avoid it if it's the second.

Laveyan is about individuality and the rejection of 'psychic vampires'. So I'm guessing it is the nutty theistic satanism.
A cult is an underground movement, btw. All it's adherents devote themselves to the particular subject of the movement.
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Dec 11, 2009,
I like how ppl argue more on the def. of a word instead of any topic.
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Thepredster
I like how ppl argue more on the def. of a word instead of any topic.

I think it is to best define what it is we're talking about and to clear up misunderstandings.
I've been to a service at a Baptist church with a friend a few times.

Close enough.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's like church... only moar yelling and far moar kvlt
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by captaincrunk
At least it isn't a non denominational church, or worse a pentecostal church.

oh god, the only church ive ever went to in my life has been a pentecostal church. it certainly solidified my fears of churches, christ. fuck. they so wild, pretending to be speaking in tongues and shit
Page 1 of 4