I'm picking up a 7 string soon, and wanted some opinions string gauge. It's 26.5" scale length, and I'll be tuning it down one step.

On my 6 string, I'm tuned to B standard, and use .12-.52 gauge, and am really happy with how they feel.

I was wondering if someone could guide me to a gauge that might feel similar, since I'm not sure how much that extra inch of scale length is going to alter how tight the strings are. I'd just rather not waste money on strings, because I'm picky about how tight they are when I play.
Agile Intrepid Pro 828 Natural w/ Maple fretboard
Agile Hornet 7 w/ custom steel pickguard
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier w/ 2x12 G12T-75 cab
Maxon OD808
Boss HM-2
hmmm if i'm correct a standard ibanez 7 string from the factory uses .09-.56 but i could be wrong..

what kind of guitar yeh getting??

i'd just wait till yeh get it, and try it out to see if yeh like the strings, if yeh don't then change em up
10-56 or 10-59 should probably be tight enough. i'm getting a seven string soon also (tomorrow as a matter of fact) and it's a 25.5 scale length and i've been thinking a lot about this too.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
maybe some 10's. or metal guitarest's idea
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
I'll be getting a Schecter c-7. When I tune one step down on my hellraiser, I use .11s, so I'll give .10s a shot. Thanks guys.
Agile Intrepid Pro 828 Natural w/ Maple fretboard
Agile Hornet 7 w/ custom steel pickguard
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier w/ 2x12 G12T-75 cab
Maxon OD808
Boss HM-2