So I've come across a guy selling his MIA 1992 Fender Precision Deluxe bass. From the research I've done, I've found that it was only made between '91-'93 and it's commonly called a "boner" p-bass b/c of the stretched upper horns on the body style, which is unique to these basses. It's got all original hardware and the finish is still in pretty good condition. SN = N2915169

He's asking $600 for it and the original hard shell case. I feel like I might have found a real gem.

So my question to you is: What do you know about these basses? Should I go for it?

Thanks.

i think you made up the boner name to get peoples attention in the title. but i say buy it.
ha ill tell you what
id think it was named boner bass for other reasons... speaking of which im gonna "chop some wood"
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
oh damn. bonerific.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Generally I'm not a fan of P-basses.. But I want that one...
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
I'm digin it, I like the bridge, and what kind of pickups are those, are they just the Fender ones?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
THey come standard with Lace pickups think
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
you can't even find a pbass with those specs new for 600 let alone with a hardshell case and the bridge has been upgraded (unless its stock but that bridge is still awesome) so i would deff go for it. it's MIA so you also get to be all snobby cuz you has the 'merican version
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Mmmmm, that bass looks sexilicious. For $600....totally worth it, as long as there aren't any glaring flaws we can't see in the pics.

Go for it
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Nice sparkly pain job, too.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
that is amazing.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I just wanted to update you that I bought it for $550 today! It's not perfect, but it's in great shape all around and truly is a unique P-Bass. Gonna go get acquainted with her now... probably post some better pics here in a bit.
I will never see a P-Bass the same way again.

Congratulations on the buy though. It looks like a fantastic bass.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
The only reason you shouldn't buy that magnificent piece of musicianry is if you are very low on money.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
hell yeah I'd go for it.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I'd go for that even if I didn't have the money.
Sweet finish + bridge pickup = sex.
i reccomend you buy a black pickguard for it. i have a blue pbass with black pickguard and it looks sex ive gotten so many complements on it
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
shit yes its beautiful. id **** that bass if it had girl parts...jk. seriously thats like stealing take the deal