http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_P44%20Electric%20Guitar_-1_10052_10002_184812?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Solid%20Body%20Electric-_-P44%20Electric%20Guitar-_-PP44BXXXX

Anyone know if this is any good for metal? I mean, I know tone comes mainly from the amp (and I love my amp for what it's being used for). But like, how pronounced are pinch harmonics?

I was also wondering about the neck. How does it compare to Schecter? If it's near-Ibanez thin, that would be perfect. If it's pretty thick though (Fender, Schecter style, etc) then I know it's not for me.

One last question. How stable is the tremolo? Does it throw the guitar completely out of whack with a slight hint of abuse?

Thanks for all help! Will hopefully be having a NGD in the next week or two!
Parkers can do just about anything, i would recommend the p44 pro over the p44 though, as it has Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups which are much better. It has thin neck, I haven't played an Ibanez in a while but I know that it is much thinner then the neck of my strat (american standard strat) if that helps.
Might be able to do metal, but I think its more suited towareds alternative and blues music, to country, you know, the stuff that dosent have high gain. Mainly because it has pezios, so I would imagian that its not designed for metal, but prolly would do fine because it has humbuckers and is made of mahagony.
I have a Parker, and I gotta say that it's one of the most comfortable and fastest necks I've ever played in my life. Pure mahogany? Just swap out the pickups and you've got the body of an LP with the neck of a Charvel. What's not metal about that?

EDIT:

To directly answer the question...

The neck feels a lot like a Charvel. It's got speed, yes, but there's a beautiful control to it. Parker makes my favorite necks in the world, and you're hearing this from a Strat owner. It's a neck-thru, so sustain isn't much of an issue, and the build quality is impecable. I wish people didn't think Parker's were so ugly so they could see the beauty of this guitar company.
Last edited by rooster456 at Dec 11, 2009,
I saw Killswitch Engage the other day, Adam D was using a Parker I think, so I guess they can't be bad?

EDIT: Don't bother with any genre comments please, I was commenting on the fact that it can play styles in that area of music
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Last edited by Casually_Spoken at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by ABRfan
Anyone know if this is any good for metal?

It won't make much difference with that Spider.

Quote by Casually_Spoken
I saw Killswitch Engage the other day, Adam D was using a Parker I think, so I guess they can't be bad?

EDIT: Don't bother with any genre comments please, I was commenting on the fact that it can play styles in that area of music

EDIT: Off topic, in regards to your sig. You do know alcohol is as much of a drug as weed or heroin is don't you?
Last edited by consecutive e at Dec 11, 2009,