So for my new bass I purchased some semi-flats D'Addario because that's all Guitar Center stocks, so I took them off the shelf. They're almost completely broken in, but they're not as smooth sounding as I expected them to be, so I was thinking of going to flatwounds the next time it needs new strings, but I've also heard of groundwound and halfwound strings, which I have never actually seen anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with semi-flatwounds vs ground/half-wounds?
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
bump, I don't know the rules on bumping your own thread if it has been a day with no responces
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
I've played both and I really didn't notice to much of a difference, but if you want some really nice strings get some DRs but they're a lil on the pricey side. Just experiment and make your own opinion cuz everyone's tastes are different. By the way nice gear
ground wounds are round wounds that have been ground off a little. semi flats are more oval shaped then ground wounds. Youd be better off trying nickel strings as they are more mellow than the steelies. And the worst you can do is give a set of strings a try man.
xbox live gamertag: phillips215