Right, so last Wednesday my '72 Telecaster Deluxe reissue was delivered by the UPS man. Everything worked fine and all.

Today I was playing around with some clean sounds, so I turned the bridge volume to 0 and switched to straight neck. I didn't do anything between the time I switched from the neck pickup back to the bridge. I got a bit bored with the neck, so I turned the volume on the bridge to 10 and switched back. My amp was cranked, so I was expecting a nice loud cruchy chord to ring out. Instead I got a weak clean sound. I tried turning down the volume all the way, and then back up. Nothing changed. Just a weak clean sound and way more buzz than normal when I wasn't touching any metal on the guitar. The neck pickup works fine. I'm at a loss for what the problem could be. The only change I made between switching between the neck and bridge was turning down the treble on the amp's EQ.

tl;dr: Played on bridge, switched to neck, turned bridge to 0, adjusted amp's treble, switched back to bridge, bridge doesn't work properly.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
bad pot?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
when you turn the bridge volume, does it feel like the nut holding it to the pickguard (72 deluxes have the pots mounted to the pickguard, not a control cavity cover like on new teles, right?) is loose?

it sounds like when you turned the bridge volume down, or when you turned it back up, the pot turned internally a little bit, and now it's touching something it shouldnt be..

if you take the pickguard off and look underneath, is anything out of place?
unless the pot completely crapped out on you (which I doubt), I'm not sure what else it could be, besides something physically moving when you changed the volume, causing a bad connection to be made, or a good connection to be broken :/
You're right, they're mounted on the pickguard like a Strat. And no, it doesn't feel loose. I haven't had the chance to check under the guard yet, and when I do I really won't know what to look for. I'm awful with the electronics aspect of an electric guitar.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray