So, I have an awesome Lite Ash Stratocaster, however it goes out of tune pretty easily... If I so much as touch the tremolo bar, the G B & E string go way sharp. If I even bend the string a little too hard, it goes super flat... So I was thinking about getting these http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gotoh-Locking-Tuners-Right-Hand---6-Pack-361070-i1129918.gc But I don't wanna buy them if for whatever reason they don't fix my tuning problem. And yes, I wound my strings pretty well. Do you think these would do the trick? Thanks
Did you stretch your strings?
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
Quote by PatheticMedic
Did you stretch your strings?

Yeah, it helped a little bit with the bending, but I still can't use the tremolo bar.
Do you have it set up right? There are a LOT of people out there who don't know how to properly set up their tremolo bar, just checkin to see if you are one of them
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Quote by PatheticMedic
Do you have it set up right? There are a LOT of people out there who don't know how to properly set up their tremolo bar, just checkin to see if you are one of them

Erm... Don't know, haha. I have only ever used tune-o matics and I am very unfamiliar with strats. As far as I know it just screws in. How could I not set it up right?
You would be suprised how touchy it can be. Ive never owned a tuneomactic, lol. I learned how to do all of this technical stuff because Ive had a lot of problems with my Ibanez and its floyd rose. Im really bad at explaining this stuff so here is a link to the Fender website's section on how to properly set up a Stratocaster. If you are uncomfortable with it I would take it to a tech, it may be all you need to fix your tuning problem. Its always worth getting your guitar properly set up no matter what. Good luck, hope this helps.
http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster_setup_guide.php
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
No problem, let us know how it goes.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
How do you re-string?

What exactly are you asking?
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Quote by PatheticMedic
What exactly are you asking?
Typo.

How did you re-string?

If you restring wrong, your tuning stability suffers.