Anyone own it? played it? want it?
I can find one used for under $500 and its got emg's so im thinkin its worth lookin into, but ive heard mixed things about LTD's...what your opinion and why?
Last edited by bigjuice_7 at Dec 10, 2009,
My LTD has the Floyd Rose Special, its a very good trem, same specs as an OFR except it has zinc saddles and sustain block, knife edges are steel and eveything, so it works great, no problems with it yet
I have an M-401. Not exactly the same as what you are looking at but...

Great guitar. Stays in tune just fine. The neck is wider than I'm used too but thats not a big deal. Mine came setup HORRIBLY out of the box. But after a good once over it plays great not. The fit and finish on it is great as well. Killer guitar for the $550 I paid for it.
I have an MH400, I see no difference in it and the 401.
I can definitely recommend it.
I absolutely love it.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by AustinxAtomic
I have an MH400, I see no difference in it and the 401.
I can definitely recommend it.
I absolutely love it.

I have the 400 as well. There are no differences in materials used on the 400 and the 401. The difference is that the 400's were made in Korea, the 401's are made in Indonesia. They moved their shop last year. I really wanted a 401 but could not find one, I found the 400 in Sam Ash brand new for $400 because it was "discontinued".

And I love my 400, beautiful guitar and plays awesome. No issues with it at all.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
At that price, it's really a no brainer. The entire MH series is one hell of a line up. There hasn't been a single MH that I didn't absolutely love. Even the really low end series are pretty sex. Go for that 401 and don't you dare sell it
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
At that price, it's really a no brainer. The entire MH series is one hell of a line up. There hasn't been a single MH that I didn't absolutely love. Even the really low end series are pretty sex. Go for that 401 and don't you dare sell it

yes sir!
You should get it. I mean, those things add tons of versitality to your tone. And if you don't like it, just block it off
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

If you don't know if you want a Floyd, don't get one. Guitars with Floyds play, feel and sound very, very different to guitars with fixed bridges, not to mention Floyds being moderately more effort to maintain than a fixed bridge and are much harder to deal with if you want to change tunings.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you don't know if you want a Floyd, don't get one. Guitars with Floyds play, feel and sound very, very different to guitars with fixed bridges, not to mention Floyds being moderately more effort to maintain than a fixed bridge and are much harder to deal with if you want to change tunings.

Well, as far as playing style goes, it really depends on the way you hold your right hand. If you have it more perpendicular to the strings like I do, it's no problem at all. But if you come in from behind the bridge.... You might want to re think it.
As for the changing tunings, that is definitely a bitch, but if you only go from like, Drop C to D standard or something like that, it shouldn't be too big of a deal
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

I'm actually going to go try one of the string-thru bodies myself. How does it compare to a Ibanez RG neck for playability and thickness?