Wow this is probably the best metal related book ever.YES!!!
Theirs recipes from tons of metal and proto metal bands.Hell even Chris Reifert from Autopsy has one! Definately what i'm asking for christmas.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I don't get it. are the recipes super unique and special or something? or is it normal food, but they just change the names to be gr1m and kvlt?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
hahah probably. I love how this book is all legit metal as well. They got ****ing Blasphemy to do a recipe. I'm so stoked on this book! And it's basicly just a bunch of recipes that the band members submitted. It's pretty much just a novelty for metalheads who want to be able to cook so pretty basic but good food.
Quote by Steve08

Last edited by Riffmast at Dec 11, 2009,
I'm disappointed that Cryptopsy isn't included. What does Lord Worm eat?

Sumdeus
mmm i have a feeling it's because they went core. I see no core bands in the list. Lord Worm just eats the tequila worm i would assume. That Sadistik Exekution pie looks intense haha
Quote by Steve08

It sucks that Mille from Kreator didn't get included, I'd love to have some vegan recipes to try out.
After The Bombs did a vegan recipe!!
Quote by Steve08

Do the bands actually cook these stuff or do they just lend their name to the dish?

I have a hard time believing that King Ov Hell cooks Spicy Shrimp Wok. I've gotta get one of these. Wanna try out some Eyehategod food.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 11, 2009,
Quote by Riffmast
After The Bombs did a vegan recipe!!

Oh cool, good to know that stuff like that got included too since it's usually not considered to be "metal".
Quote by KreatorRage
Oh cool, good to know that stuff like that got included too since it's usually not considered to be "metal".

I'll go ahead and +1 this.
Veganism is more punk/grind imo
Quote by Steve08

My mom's birthday is in 4 days. I think I'll get her this book as a gift in addition to whatever I'll get her. I do this in the hopes that someday, a mother will give her child a pie for lunch with a pentagram on it.

"Here Billy. Harness the energies that dwell deep within the luscious filling of this desolate manifestation of Gaahl himself. Look not long and hard for the black creations of morbidity."

"Love you, mum"

"Don't worry, Billy. Your seed will impregnate the likes of a worthy and ghoulish young virgin in due time."
I've found Jesus
Something tells me that Electric Wizard's recipe is awesome.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I would laugh if some band's recipe was how to make edibles

Sumdeus
A quick lesson in philosophy: Your personal point of view creates reality.

You say "Probably just some pot brownies..."

I say "HELL YES, SPACE CAKES!!!"

You see how I made reality just a bit more awesome?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
who doesn't say ""HELL YES, SPACE CAKES!!!" when hearing the words pot brownies?

Sumdeus
Quote by dead-fish
A quick lesson in philosophy: Your personal point of view creates reality.

You say "Probably just some pot brownies..."

I say "HELL YES, SPACE CAKES!!!"

You see how I made reality just a bit more awesome?

Point taken.

*ahem*

HELL YES, SPACE CAKES!!!

That's more like it.
Good lad.

Commence discussion of music-related cuisine.
You changed your whole post. Now what I originally said was out of context.

I love edibles!

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Dec 11, 2009,
That's just how I roll, James.
Abigail, Abscess, Accept, After the Bombs, Alcoholic Rites, Amebix, Anthrax, Anvil, Armored Saint, Arphaxat, Atomizer, Autopsy, Bastardator, Bëehler, Blackfire, Blasphemy, Brutal Truth, Budgie, Bulldozer, Cauldron, Children of Technology, Control Denied, Countess, Cruachan, Dantesco, Deadmask, Death, Death SS, Deiphago, Denial of God, Desolation Angels, Destruction, Devastation, Dissection, Doro, Dusk, Electric Wizard, Elixir, Envenom, Exciter, Eyehategod, Faustcoven, Funerot, Goat Horn, Gorgoroth, Grimorium Verum, Gwar, Hidden Hand, Holocausto, Impaler, Inepsy, Judas Priest, Killers, Kreator, Lamp of Thoth, L’Impero Delle Ombre, Lord Vicar, Mantak, Master, Master’s Hammer, Mayhem, Melechesh, Messiah, Midnight, Minotaur, Mortal Sin, Mütiilation, Necromantia, Necrosadist, Nuclear Assault, Obituary, Obscurity, Orodruin, Pagan Altar, Pentagram, Piledriver, Possessed, Procession, Repulsion, Reverend Bizarre, Rigor Mortis, Rotting Christ, Sadistik Exekution, Saint Vitus, Sepultura, Shackles, Sigh, Sir Lord Baltimore, Skyforger, Slaughter, S.O.D., Spirit Caravan, Stiny Plamenu, Tankard, Thanatos, The Gates of Slumber, The Obsessed, The Rods, Lord Weird Slough Feg, Thin Lizzy, Toxic Holocaust, Trench Hell, Trouble, Tygers of Pan Tang, U.D.O.. Uriah Heep, Warlock, Warpig, Weapon, Wino, Witchfynde, Witchtrap, Xibalba, and Zemial.

Some list of bands! Dont think id buy it though, I dont buy cookbooks regularly, let alone from metal musicians.....what possessed them to make a book like this I wonder.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Do want Deiphago pork and Amebix prawn bisque.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Needs more black metal cooking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7hr9RgrdUk
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by Riffmast
After The Bombs are made of win and awesome!!

Fixed.

I'll probably pick this up. I cook alot and enjoy trying new shit.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
This isn't new...

There's been a book like this by the Wacken guys for ages... it was all in German tho I guess
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm planning on buying this to try out cooking. I also really want that apron...i'm aware of how girly that sounds.
Does anybody here with some quasi-culinary skills own this and know if it's any good? I suspect it's more of a gimmick than anything, but I am intrigued.

EDIT: Also, just wanna say that for whatever it's worth, they picked a really kick-ass list of bands for this thing.
Last edited by DeusExMachina90 at Dec 11, 2009,
I don't give a **** about the food, I just want to see what people in the bands I listen to eat
Quote by Riffmast
Wow this is probably the best metal related book ever.YES!!!
Theirs recipes from tons of metal and proto metal bands.Hell even Chris Reifert from Autopsy has one! Definately what i'm asking for christmas.

My girlfriend's gettin one of these for Antichristmas

*They mention Mayhem on the site. Is there a recipe for brains in there?
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600