Hi,

I recently bought a Jackson JS35RR (Indian made, but one amazing guitar). It comes with 24 frets on a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, and has an alder body (randy rhoads style) with licensed floyd rose as the bridge.

Now the stock pickups on the guitar are the Jackson CVR2 active humbuckers (neck and bridge). Though they are good for stock pickups, and give me good enough sound (I play it through a VOX AD15VT), I still would love more versatility with the sound.

There are two pickup combinations that I really like, both of which are versatile, different from each other, but have caught my fancy...
1. Seymour Duncan SH2n Jazz on the neck and JB model SH-4 on the bridge
2. DiMarzio Air Norton on the neck and Tone Zone on the bridge

Any help from all you pros on choosing the right combination would take me a long way...

Cheers!!
I have played the duncans many a time...I always felt they are lifeless and kinda dull.
But I love dimarzio, and have found the tone zone and air norton to be pretty awesome pickups
please acquire a new (preferably tube) amp first. Pup changes have no effect when the amp they're being played through is not sonically pleasing.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by Fuzzle
please acquire a new (preferably tube) amp first. Pup changes have no effect when the amp they're being played through is not sonically pleasing.

Listen to this man. He speaks with wisdom beyond his years.

P.S. I prefer DiMarzio =P
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.

So you think I need a better amp...

Well, i tried playing through many amps including a marshall, a roland and a line 6, but the sound that I get from the vox is unparalleled. Any which ways, the VOX also is a tube emulator, with 11 amp models, and 11 effects, with tapped in delay time... and quite a few other cool effects...

And it does give me the sound that I want...
Quote by eklavyaverma
So you think I need a better amp...

Well, i tried playing through many amps including a marshall, a roland and a line 6, but the sound that I get from the vox is unparalleled. Any which ways, the VOX also is a tube emulator, with 11 amp models, and 11 effects, with tapped in delay time... and quite a few other cool effects...

And it does give me the sound that I want...

Then there's no reason to change pickups, spend the money on gin and hookers instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com